G-Star strives to be the most hardcore denim brand in the world.
To achieve this, we are looking for hardcore thinkers and do-ers, who dare to create the future of premium and purposeful denim with us.
We are looking for people with big dreams, while keeping their feet on the ground. Those who are not afraid to push the limits, because we believe there are no limits in what denim can do.
Are you up for the challenge?
Are you the perfect fit for our team?
Are you a bit of a rebellious spirit?
Then we would love to hear from you!
Here’s what we’ll do together:
We are looking for an Accounts Payable Specialist whose core responsibility will be to ensure cost invoices and payment processes are completed in an accurate and efficient manner. The successful candidate will have a high level of attention to detail, the ability to think economically and be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
Tasks & responsibilities:
• Ensure all invoices are posted in a timely manner
• Ensure appropriate approvals for disbursements are obtained prior to making payments
• Ensure transactions are posted to the correct accounts and accurately reflect the business purpose of the transaction
• Work closely with the team to resolve issues and to identify and correct root causes of errors within the department
• Ensures an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close
• Ensure invoices are paid on time
• Follows up on direct debits to ensure that invoices are received
• Collaborates with other departments to support overall goals and objectives
• Works with the internal and external stakeholders to ensure clean audits
What you bring to the table:
• 1-2 years of relevant work experience
• Degree in Finance/Accounting
• Advanced Excel skills
• Ability to learn quickly
• SAP knowledge desirable
• Proactive, organisational skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills in English (German is a plus)
• Able to work under deadlines and multitask
• Available for a period of 6 months
What does G-Star bring to the table:
Beyond a competitive salary, working at G-Star brings many other perks and exciting opportunities: an awesome and diverse team that collaborates to change the game; a work environment that offers room for fun, inspiration and innovation; a clothing budget; a healthy, fresh and delicious lunch and even discounts in various fitness clubs and last but not least, a discount on a new bicycle.
What will happen next:
• We will thoroughly review your CV.
• We have a large expat community at G-Star, so please apply in English.
• When we hopefully find what we are looking for, we will call you for a chat and if it’s a good fit, we’ll plan our first interview.
• Because we’re very curious how you’d survive a mission impossible, we ask you to prepare a real-life business case in a follow-up interview.
• Having an agile mindset is very important at G-Star, therefore we ask you to participate in an (online) Learning Agility Assessment.
• When we’re ready to commit to each other, we’ll finalize the terms we’ve discussed and we’ll explain to you how to order your first pair of jeans from the G-Star employee store. Good luck.