Business Controller Australia, New Zealand & South Africa
Here’s what we’ll do together:
G-Star is currently looking for a Business Controller to be the business partner for the General Manager Southern Hemisphere. This role will advise line management and the CFO on financial, managerial and information issues. The Business Controller will be responsible for reliable financial and management reporting for the Southern Hemisphere region, consisting of Australia, South Africa and New Zealand.
Just imagine –
Your main goal is to act as a business partner for the General Manager and co-steer the performance of his/her region within G-Star. You will play a key role in the reporting and budgeting process and provide the standard analyses for financial, operational & commercial performance. You’ll play a pivotal role in analyzing and advice on the performance of our franchise partners and guarding all commercial terms and conditions. Next to that, you will also be responsible for developing, improving and maintaining various decision making tools used by sales and financial management. Furthermore you will support the long term plan process.
You will be based at the G-Star office in Sydney and you will be part of the Business Control department, reporting to the Group Controller based in Amsterdam and to the General Manager based in Sydney.
The key accountabilities are, among others:
• Business partner for the General Manager.
• Involved in determining commercial terms and conditions
• Analyzing & advising on the performance of the franchisees in close cooperation with sales/retail
• Responsible for the planning and control cycle of your region including monthly and quarterly reporting, yearly budgeting and the long term planning process. Supporting and optimizing all financial processes, activities and projects within the region.
• Taking care of daily (financial) store operations and ensuring that all financial processes run in a smooth way. Includes 1 direct report (accounts payable).
• Supporting fact based decision-making and help establish financial discipline across the organization.
What you bring to the table:
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills in a multicultural environment.
• Pragmatic, self-aware & enthusiastic person. Ability to prioritize in real time: to know what’s important.
• Street smart while talking to customers regarding financial performance and payments
• Relationship builder with a proactive mentality with willingness to gain a position in an entrepreneurial company by showing added value and building a solid business control function in a fast-paced, collaborative, highly performance-driven culture.
• Excellent analytical skills combined with strong urge to understand the business drivers behind the numbers. Able and willing to switch between various levels of complexity in daily job.
• Willingness to travel within the region (mainly to visit customers) and to Amsterdam (HQ)
• Strong knowledge of accounting and reporting processes.
• Master’s degree in Business Economics studies
• Approximately 6-7 years of experience in business control roles.
• Experience in retail, FMCG and/or fashion is a must
• Strong technical aptitude, including strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and reporting systems.
Finally, do you have a hands-on mentality and excellent verbal and written communication skills in English? We’d love to meet you!
What we bring to the table:
Beyond a competitive salary, working at G-Star brings many other perks and exciting opportunities: an awesome and diverse team that collaborates to change the game; a work environment that offers room for fun, inspiration and innovation; and a clothing budget so generous that we challenge you to spend it all.
What will happen next:
• We will thoroughly review your CV.
• We have a large expat community at G-Star, so please apply in English.
• When we hopefully find what we are looking for, we will call you for a chat and if it’s a good fit, we’ll plan our first interview.
• Because we’re very curious how you’d survive a mission impossible, we ask you to prepare a real-life business case in a follow-up interview.
• When we’re ready to commit to each other, we’ll finalize the terms we’ve discussed and we’ll explain to you how to order your first pair of jeans from the G-Star employee store. Good luck.