Here’s what we’ll do together:
Is your passion for denim and business control as high as ours? We’re currently looking for a Business Controller Benelux & UK. In this role you’ll work from our global HQ in Amsterdam and act as a Business partner for the Regional General Manager, next to advising line management and the CFO on financial, managerial and information issues.
Just imagine – as our new Business Controller Benelux & UK, you’re responsible for strong sales control, reliable managerial reporting and for all local financial processes.
You’ll co-steer the performance of the Benelux & UK region within G-Star. You will play a key role in the reporting and budgeting process and provide the standard and ad-hoc analyses for financial, operational & commercial performance of the region. Furthermore, you’re responsible for guiding the budgeting and long term planning process in the region. Last but not least, you’ll be proactively discussing with our franchise partners on their financial performance and payments.
Furthermore, you will manage the commercial deal process and monitor conditions for the region. You will also develop customized commercial terms and conditions together with Sales. Next to that you will actively monitor and provided advice on the performance of the retail channel (including full price stores, outlets and ecommerce).
As our Business Controller Benelux & UK you report to the CFO and work closely together with the General Manager of the Benelux & UK region. You’ll manager 1 FTE who is focused on credit control.
Your key accountabilities are, among others:
• Business partner for Regional General Manager
• Performance monitoring of the retail portfolio
• Involved in determining commercial terms and conditions, while monitoring follow up and implementation.
• Strong focus on Loss Prevention for the retail portfolio
• Standardizing reporting and budgeting for the regions.
• Coordinating and optimizing the forecast, the financial budget and the long term planning process.
• Coordinating with the centralized accounting services to streamline reporting processes and controls.
• Preparation of the annual accounts and guide/manage local financial audit process (done by an external accountant).
• Ensuring local tax compliance by coordination between central tax & treasury teams and local tax authorities/advisors/consultants etc.
• Contact with local bank(s) that are supporting our franchisees by providing financing.
• Supporting fact based decision-making and helping establishing financial discipline across the organization.
• Responsibility for the local Credit Control and Business Analyst activities
What you bring to the table:
• You have a minimum of 4 years of experience in business control and financial roles.
• You have experience in a similar role within retail, FMCG and/or fashion (this is a must)
• You’re willing to travel within the region
• Strong technical aptitude, including knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Access and ERP systems
• You are a self-aware, humble, strong communicator with great interpersonal skills in a multicultural environment. You have a non-egocentric,strong personality.
You bring Strong knowledge of accounting and reporting processes. Experience with setting up structured reporting and accounting structures.
• You’re a Pragmatic, energetic & enthusiastic person, while at the same time being able to prioritize.
You have excellent analytical skills combined with a strong urge to understand the Business drivers behind the numbers. You’re able and willing to switch between various levels of complexity in daily job.
• Add a Master’s degree in Business Economics (or similar) and you’ve got our full attention.
• Are you also able to gain a position in the company by showing added value and building a solid business control function in a fast-paced, collaborative, highly performance-driven culture? We’re heart-eyed.
Finally, do you have excellent verbal and written communication skills in Dutch and English? We’d love to meet you!
What we bring to the table:
Beyond a competitive salary, working at G-Star brings many other perks and exciting opportunities: an awesome and diverse team that collaborates to change the game; a work environment that offers room for fun, inspiration and innovation; a generous clothing budget; a healthy, fresh and delicious lunch and even discounts in various fitness clubs and last but not least, a new bicycle.
What will happen next:
• We will thoroughly review your CV.
• We have a large expat community at G-Star, so please apply in English.
• When we hopefully find what we are looking for, we will call you for a chat and if it’s a good fit, we’ll plan our first interview.
• Because we’re very curious how you’d survive a mission impossible, we ask you to prepare a real-life business case in a follow-up interview.
• When we’re ready to commit to each other, we’ll finalize the terms we’ve discussed and we’ll explain to you how to order your first pair of jeans from the G-Star employee store. Good luck.