Here’s what we’ll do together:
Is your passion for denim and finance as high as ours? Are you excited about being involved in various initiatives and projects simultaneously, do you work well with a broad range of stakeholders and can you prioritize when needed? We are looking for someone who gets excited to cover a broad range of finance topics from business control to financial control, audit/compliance and who feels comfortable mastering systems including our ERP system and SAP.
Just imagine – as our new Business Controller, you will play a key role in the the reporting and planning processes and provide standard and ad-hoc analyses for financial, operational & commercial performance of the company.
• Marketing: Act as marketing controller to ensure proper cost control on the one hand and a fluent administrative flow on the other hand. Key goal is to create proper insight of actual global marketing spend, ensuring cost efficient operations and improve ROI of our budgets through the analysis and insights you drive together with the marketing team;
• HQ cost control: true business partner for the HQ department managers to make sure that the costs are under control. Proactive steering and challenging on operational expenses and capital expenditures.
• FP&A: Support the overall planning and control process, which a.o. includes the actual reporting, budgeting process, forecasting, long term planning. Prepare the presentations for the Executive Committee, the board and the advisory board.
• Group control and audit: Support the group consolidation team at month and quarter end through supporting the creation and monthly updates of key provisions (stock, returns) and accruals (trade incentives) and providing ad hoc support as part of the annual group audit and individual country statutory audits;
• Support the various ad-hoc requests coming from the finance organization (CFO, Director Finance & Control, Direct Business Control etc.)
In this role you will report to the Director Group Control and act as business partner for all the HQ department managers and the G-Star marketing team. You will gain a position in the company by showing added value and building a solid cost control function in a fast-paced, collaborative, performance-driven culture.
What you bring to the table:
• You have a minimum of 3 years of experience, of which a minimum of 2 years’ experience in providing concise and structured information to a board. You also have experience in cost control and/or financial reporting.
• You are a self-aware, humble, strong communicator with great interpersonal skills in a multicultural environment. You have a non-egocentric,strong personality.
• Juggling different priorities effectively comes naturally to you, just as setting expectations to stakeholders.
• You’re detail oriented but also able to grasp the bigger picture.
• You have excellent analytical skills combined with a strong urge to understand the Business drivers behind the numbers.
• Add a Master’s degree in Business Economics (or similar) and you’ve got our full attention.
• Are you also able to build relationships with key business partners in order to establish a true co-pilot role? We’re heart-eyed.
Finally, do you have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Dutch? We’d love to meet you!
What we bring to the table:
Beyond a competitive salary, working at G-Star brings many other perks and exciting opportunities: an awesome and diverse team that collaborates to change the game; a work environment that offers room for fun, inspiration and innovation; a generous clothing budget; a healthy, fresh and delicious lunch and even discounts in various fitness clubs and last but not least, a new bicycle.
What will happen next:
• We will thoroughly review your CV.
• We have a large expat community at G-Star, so please apply in English.
• When we hopefully find what we are looking for, we will call you for a chat and if it’s a good fit, we’ll plan our first interview.
• Because we’re very curious how you’d survive a mission impossible, we ask you to prepare a real-life business case in a follow-up interview.
• When we’re ready to commit to each other, we’ll finalize the terms we’ve discussed and we’ll explain to you how to order your first pair of jeans from the G-Star employee store. Good luck.