Here’s what we’ll do together:
G-Star is looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst. In this position, you work in a dynamic, fast moving fashion and retail environment at the intersection of technology and business. You will be in direct contact with different departments in G-Star, both at the Head Quarters and regional offices. You build close relationships with the business, understand its processes and translate this into actionable analysis and reporting.
Just imagine –
As our new Business Intelligence Analyst, You will provide insights for decision making by building new reports and tools as well as supporting management with ad-hoc reporting requests.
In this role you are part of our Corporate Strategy and Business Intelligence team, which is responsible for driving G-Star’s transformation from a wholesale to an omnichannel company. You will work closely together in one team with strategy analysts and continuously team-up with the business.
You are a team player who is looking to work in a dynamic, fast moving fashion and retail environment at the intersection of technology and business. To excel in this role, you need to be able to quickly understand topics that are being discussed with the business and oversee the related data implications. Next to being analytical, we are looking for someone who is able to discuss complex data matters in an understandable way and brings structure to our data warehouse and reporting environment.
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Designing data models (star schemes, snowflakes) and implementing data warehouse solutions
• Design and implementation of ETL processes, consolidating large data volumes from various data sources while assuring and validating the quality
• Implementation and configuration of the BI systems and tools
• Explaining the BI architecture, guiding, supporting and coaching analysts in other departments and regions
• Maintenance, development and distributions of the corporate reports, in close cooperation with the business
What you bring to the table:
• Managing multiple projects? You handle it;
• Data modeling, ETL, Excel and SQL? You’re a natural;
• You have knowledge of BI tools, such as Business Objects, Analysis Services, Integration Services
• You are a solution-oriented, proactive teamplayer;
• Add a Bachelor or Master degree with a strong analytical foundation (e.g. computer science, mathematics, Business) and 1-4 years of relevant experience in Business Intelligence, and you’ve got our full attention!
• Are you also a good communicator with strong analytical skills to translate business requirements into technical solutions? We’re heart-eyed.
Finally, are you fluent in English? We’d love to meet you!
What we bring to the table:
Beyond a competitive salary, working at G-Star brings so many perks and exciting opportunities, we don’t know where to begin… how about an awesome and diverse team that collaborates to change the game; a work environment that offers room for fun, inspiration and innovation; a clothing; a healthy, fresh and delicious lunch so you can keep up the greatness… and to exercise what you eat, we even offer you a discount on a new bicycle.
Found your dream job?
• We will grab our magnifying glass and will thoroughly check your CV. So please make our work easier by applying in English
• When we hopefully find what we are looking for, we will call you for a quick chat and make sure that there are no blurred lines -yes, that is a Pharrell reference- and will plan our first interview
• While you enjoy a fresh ginger/mint tea or a soy latte at our beautiful HQ we subject you to tear-jerking questions of life
• Because we’re very curious how you survive a mission impossible, we ask you to prepare a real life business case in a follow-up interview
• When we’re both ready to commit to each other, we’ll finalize the terms we’ve discussed in our phone chat and we’ll explain to you how to order your first pair of jeans from the G-Star employee store