Denim. It’s our passion. It’s in our blood.
But we are not just another denim brand.
At G-Star, we are obsessed with denim. Together we push to invent, explore and take craftsmanship to another level. Down to the smallest detail and with a strong belief that there is no limit to what denim can do.
To achieve this, we are always looking for hardcore thinkers and do-ers , who want to join us in creating the future of premium and purposeful denim.
Are you up for the challenge?
Are you the perfect fit for our team?
Are you a bit of a rebellious spirit?
Then we would love to hear from you!
Here's what we'll do together:
As Data Engineer, you are responsible for the G-Star global data lake in GCP. The data lake covers many business aspects within G-Star and has consumer, digital, retail and wholesale data. Your main tasks will be to build data integrations into GBQ, design and develop datasets. Next to that, it would be a plus if you pro-actively see options to improve data quality and optimize on cloud cost. You will be part of the global Data and Analytics team, the team consists of Data Engineers, Data Scientists and Data Analysts.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design and build data systems and pipelines
- Developing and maintaining datasets
- Analyze and organize raw data
- Design self-service datasets
- Drive the further professionalization of G-Star’s data and cloud landscape
- Explore ways to improve data quality and reliability
- Optimize cost and efficiency of storages, orchestration and queries
Here's what you bring to the table:
- Degree in Computer Science, IT, or similar field; a Master’s is a plus
- Technical expertise with data models, data mining, data warehousing and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of programming languages (e.g. Python)
- Hands-on experience with Google Big Query
- Great numerical and analytical skills
- Data engineering certification (e.g Google Data Engineer) is a plus
- You are flexible and adapt your work schedule and prioritization to best serve the business needs
- Good communication skills
Here’s what we bring to the table:
Beyond a competitive salary, working at G-Star brings many other perks and exciting opportunities: an awesome and diverse team that collaborates to change the game; a work environment that offers room for fun, inspiration and innovation; a clothing budget; a healthy, fresh and delicious lunch and even discounts in various fitness clubs and last but not least, a discount on a new bicycle.
What will happen next:
- We will thoroughly review your CV.
- We have a large expat community at G-Star, so please apply in English.
- When we hopefully find what we are looking for, we will get in touch and see if it’s a good fit, then we’ll plan our first interview.
- Because we’re very curious how you’d survive a mission impossible, we ask you to prepare a real-life business case in a follow-up interview.
- Having an agile mindset is very important at G-Star, therefore we ask you to participate in an (online) Learning Agility Assessment.
- When we’re ready to commit to each other, we’ll finalize the terms we’ve discussed and we’ll explain to you how to order your first pair of jeans from the G-Star employee store. Good luck!