G-Star is looking for a data warehouse specialist with 2 to 5 years of experience for their international Business Intelligence Competence Center (BICC). The candidate must have knowledge and experience with Business Intelligence; mainly Data modeling and integration, Data warehouses, OLAP, analysis and reporting. We are searching for an enthusiastic team player who is looking to work in a dynamic, fast growing environment. The candidate preferably has experience with the Apparel industry or wholesale/ retail organizations in general. Your key responsibilities will be to provide Business Intelligence and design and lead implementations.
In this challenging position you will..
• Designing data models (star schemes, snowflakes) and implementing data warehouse solutions
• Design and implementation of ETL processes, consolidating large data volumes from various data sources while assuring and validating the quality
• The implementation and configuration of the BI systems and tools
• Establishing the required architecture and monitors and adjust the meta data and dimensions
• Explaining the BI architecture, guiding and supporting the other BI roles
• All the technical and functional administration tasks, including handling issues and problems, support, versions upgrades and performance optimizations
• Maintenance, development and distributions of the corporate reports
What you bring to the table
• Strong analytical skills to translate business requirements into technical solutions
• Solution-oriented, proactive team player
• Techniques: Data Modeling, Data Source & Gap Analysis, ETL, SQL
• Database: Microsoft SQL Server
• Business Objects 4.2 and Web intelligence
• ETL Tools: Microsoft SSIS
• OLAP tools – SSAS multidimensional and tabular
• BI Tools: Preferably Business Objects, or knowledge of similar tools (such as Cognos)
• College or academic degree in computer science
• Speak English fluently
What we bring to the table:
Beyond a competitive salary, working at G-Star brings many other perks and exciting opportunities: an awesome and diverse team that collaborates to change the game; a work environment that offers room for fun, inspiration and innovation; a clothing budget so generous that we challenge you to spend it all; a healthy, fresh and delicious lunch and even discounts in various fitness clubs and last but not least, a new bicycle.
What will happen next:
• We will thoroughly review your CV.
• We have a large expat community at G-Star, so please apply in English.
• When we hopefully find what we are looking for, we will call you for a chat and if it’s a good fit, we’ll plan our first interview.
• Because we’re very curious how you’d survive a mission impossible, we ask you to prepare a real-life business case in a follow-up interview.
• When we’re ready to commit to each other, we’ll finalize the terms we’ve discussed and we’ll explain to you how to order your first pair of jeans from the G-Star employee store. Good luck.