G-Star strives to be the most hardcore denim brand in the world.
To achieve this, we are looking for hardcore thinkers and do-ers, who dare to create the future of premium and purposeful denim with us.
We are looking for people with big dreams, while keeping their feet on the ground. Those who are not afraid to push the limits, because we believe there are no limits in what denim can do.
Are you up for the challenge?
Are you the perfect fit for our team?
Are you a bit of a rebellious spirit?
Then we would love to hear from you!
As the Datawarehouse Specialist your key responsibilities will be to design and execute improvements in our data warehouse and reporting environment. This is driving all decision making in the digital fashion company that G-Star is. You will work together in one team with other data warehouse specialists and business analysts. The team works in close collaboration with the business, first and foremost our digital team. In this role you have an opportunity to shape G-Star customer insights and analytics as the business focus is accelerating to online.
Each project is a brand-new challenge and provides great opportunities to learn and deliver tangible insights. You will be part of the Data and Analytics team. Together with the team you drive the further professionalization and acceleration of G-Star’s data & analytics capabilities.
Duties & responsibilities:
• Designing data models (star schemes, snowflakes) and implementing data warehouse solutions
• Design and implementation of ETL processes, consolidating large data volumes from various data sources while assuring and validating the quality
• Implementation and configuration of the BI systems and tools
• Establishing the required architecture and monitors and adjust the meta data and dimensions
• Explaining the BI architecture, guiding, supporting and coaching analysts in other departments and regions
• Handling issues and problems, support, versions upgrades and performance optimizations
• Maintenance, development and distributions of the corporate reports, in close cooperation with the business
What you bring to the table:
• Minimum of 5 years of working experience
• Expert in ETL Tools: Microsoft SSIS
• Deep knowledge of OLAP tools: SSAS multidimensional and tabular
• Experience with Microsoft SQL Server
• Experience with cloud technologies: Google Cloud Platform and google BigQuery
• Strong analytical skills to translate business requirements into technical solutions
• Solution-oriented, proactive team player
• Academic degree, preferably with a strong quantitative and analytical foundation
• Fluent in English, spoken and written
• Preferred experience with BI Tools such as Tableau and Business Objects, or knowledge of similar tools (such as Cognos)
• Relevant techniques: Data Modeling, Data Source & Gap Analysis, ETL, SQL
What does G-Star bring to the table:
Beyond a competitive salary, working at G-Star brings many other perks and exciting opportunities: an awesome and diverse team that collaborates to change the game; a work environment that offers room for fun, inspiration and innovation; a clothing budget; a healthy, fresh and delicious lunch and even discounts in various fitness clubs and last but not least, a discount on a new bicycle.
What will happen next:
• We will thoroughly review your CV.
• We have a large expat community at G-Star, so please apply in English.
• When we hopefully find what we are looking for, we will call you for a chat and if it’s a good fit, we’ll plan our first interview.
• Because we’re very curious how you’d survive a mission impossible, we ask you to prepare a real-life business case in a follow-up interview.
• Having an agile mindset is very important at G-Star, therefore we ask you to participate in an (online) Learning Agility Assessment.
• When we’re ready to commit to each other, we’ll finalize the terms we’ve discussed and we’ll explain to you how to order your first pair of jeans from the G-Star employee store. Good luck.