Denim. It’s our passion. It’s in our blood.
But we are not just another denim brand.
At G-Star, we are obsessed with denim. Together we push to invent, explore and take craftsmanship to another level. Down to the smallest detail and with a strong belief that there is no limit to what denim can do. To achieve this, we are always looking for hardcore thinkers and do-ers, who want to join us in creating the future of premium and purposeful denim.
Are you up for the challenge?
Are you the perfect fit for our team?
Are you a bit of a rebellious spirit?
Then we would love to hear from you!
Here's what we'll do together:
The G-Star Styling & Design Department develops the G-Star collection, starting by doing research in the form of traveling to different markets & trade fairs, digital & historic/vintage research to determine new fits, fabrics, colors and details. In short, the Styling Department develops and creates the entire G-Star collection.
The Womenswear Denim Designer is a vital member of the design department creating volume products, still keeping innovation at its highest. We are looking for an exceptional individual who lives and breathes denim and is an out-of-the-box thinker that can work within a highly creative team. The candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment. Creative thinking and sharp attention to detail combined with a passion for denim is essential to achieve the best creations for each collection.
Here's what you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in fashion design, fashion management, fashion merchandising or equivalent from a recognized academic institution
- At least 5 years of Womenswear denim design experience in a denim-design team
- Experience in relevant other Denim brands is a plus
- At least one year responsibility for designing for more than one product group (preferably in all product groups: T’s, sweats, shirts, jackets, pants)
- Preferable experience in designing for monthly deliveries
- Knowledge of pattern cutting
- Excellent skills in Illustrator and Photoshop
- Fluent in English
- Fulltime available
Here’s what we bring to the table:
Beyond a competitive salary, working at G Star brings many other perks and exciting opportunities: an awesome and diverse team that collaborates to change the game; a work environment that offers room for fun, inspiration and innovation; a clothing budget; a healthy lunch, and last but not least, a discount on a new bicycle.
What will happen next:
- We will thoroughly review your CV.
- Please include your up to date portfolio for this vacancy as well.
- We have a large expat community at G Star, so please apply in English.
- When we hopefully find what we are looking for, we will contact you for a chat and if it’s a good fit, we’ll plan our first interview.
- Because we’re very curious how you’d survive a mission impossible, we ask you to prepare a real life business case in a follow up interview.
- Having an agile mindset is very important at G Star, therefore we ask you to participate in an (online) Learning Agility Assessment.
- When we’re ready to commit to each other, we’ll finalize the terms we’ve discussed and we’ll explain to you how to order your first pair of jeans from the G Star employee store. Good luck!