G-Star strives to be the most hardcore denim brand in the world.
To achieve this, we are looking for hardcore thinkers and do-ers, who dare to create the future of premium and purposeful denim with us.
We are looking for people with big dreams, while keeping their feet on the ground. Those who are not afraid to push the limits, because we believe there are no limits in what denim can do.
Are you up for the challenge?
Are you the perfect fit for our team?
Are you a bit of a rebellious spirit?
Then we would love to hear from you!
Here’s what we’ll do together:
We are currently seeking a Senior Denim Fabric, Wash & Trim expert with a passion for quality, sustainability, details and fashion. You know what’s happening in the industry and you’re familiar with the latest trends and developments.
As our Denim Fabric & Wash Developer you’ll manage and monitor the development of the denim fabrics & washes and bring the product to a higher level while ensuring that all fabrics & washes are executed perfectly and are delivered within the set time, prices and quality standards.
You are a technical expert with great taste in respect to design and creation, a process in which you are closely involved every step of the way.
You ensure a constant newness in the fabric & wash offer to safeguard the unique G-star look & feel. Lead the sustainable and innovation development for fabrics & washes. The fabrics & washes are developed in consideration with the retail and design needs. And you will translate this into a seasonal fabric & wash lineplan.
You examine and assess all facets relevant to the fabric & wash development and support the product development and design team on material selection from development until production.
You are responsible for the allocation and pricing. By having direct contact with fabric mills making sure conditions are negotiated. To comply with the retail needs fabric availability is key.
What you bring to the table:
• Bachelor degree in technical fashion management or equivalent from recognized academic institution.
• 6-10 years’ experience as denim fabric & wash developer
• Specialized in denim fabric development
• Strong fashion sense combined with a passion for innovative product and sustainability
• Good communication and organizational skills
• Team player
• Taking ownership and excellent problem-solving skills
• Responsible, independent and committed
• Capable of performing under pressure
• Prepared to travel frequently
• Outstanding communication skills in English
What does G-Star bring to the table:
Beyond a competitive salary, working at G-Star brings many other perks and exciting opportunities: an awesome and diverse team that collaborates to change the game; a work environment that offers room for fun, inspiration and innovation; a clothing budget; a healthy, and last but not least, a discount on a new bicycle.
What will happen next:
● We will thoroughly review your CV.
● We have a large expat community at G-Star, so please apply in English.
● When we hopefully find what we are looking for, we will call you for a chat and if it’s a good fit, we’ll plan our first interview.
● Because we’re very curious how you’d survive a mission impossible, we ask you to prepare a real-life business case in a follow-up interview.
● Having an agile mindset is very important at G-Star, therefore we ask you to participate in an (online) Learning Agility Assessment.
● When we’re ready to commit to each other, we’ll finalize the terms we’ve discussed and we’ll explain to you how to order your first pair of jeans from the G-Star employee store. Good luck!