Here’s what we’ll do together:
We’re looking for a temporary Designer Fasttrack to join the team at global HQ in Amsterdam for a period of initially 5-6 months. This vacancy is also open for freelancers.
The G-Star Design Department develops the G-Star collection starting with research in the form of traveling to different markets and trade fairs, digital & historic/vintage research to determine the new collection including Fit, Style, Fabric, Colour & Wash developments.
Just imagine – as our new Designer Fasttrack, SMU & Outlet, you are a vital member of the team. You create the Fast track, SMU and Outlet collections based on market requests and business opportunities.
You work together with the Fasttrack, SMU & Outlet Merchandiser and Fasttrack, SMU & Outlet Manager on specific briefs, market requests and business opportunities and translate these into successful designs. You’ll get to understand the brands DNA and gain market knowledge by identifying design, details, fabric, fit and wash opportunities. You do this based on briefs, requests and research, and are able to brief and develop these ‘opportunities’ with the relevant supporting teams.
You design the Fast Track, SMU & outlet collections. This includes preparing all components of the development process, such as sketching up the collection offer for internal reviews and product launching; launching the designs with the product development team; following up on the necessary developments with the relevant departments and preparing for internal collection reviews.
In this role you work closely together with the men & women design team to ensure the brand DNA in the Fast Track, SMU and outlet collections is aligned with the regular collections.
As a Fasttrack, SMU and Outlet Designer you have a passion for quality, sustainability, details and fashion. You know what’s happening in the industry and you’re familiar with the latest trends and developments. You must show the attitude and willingness to embrace, understand and adopt the brand DNA and express this throughout all aspects of your job. You must be able to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment. Creative thinking and sharp attention to detail combined with a passion for bestselling designs are essential. A a member of the Fasttrack, SMU and Outlet team you are always looking for better ways of working to improve the brand performance. You will always have the company goals in mind.
What you bring to the table:
• Preferably, you have experience in designing both men and women collections, and you have experience in designing for a brand;
• You have knowledge of Fit, Fabric & Wash development and are able to distill relevant market shift & translate them to G-Star RAW;
• You bring excellent skills in Illustrator and Photoshop;
• You’re fast, learn quick and work flexible, without losing your eye for detail;
• Fashion? You live and breathe it.
• Add a Bachelor’s degree in Fashion and a minimum of 5 years of experience as a fashion designer at an international fast fashion retailer.
Finally, do you have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English? We’d love to meet you!
What we bring to the table:
Beyond a competitive salary, working at G-Star brings many other perks and exciting opportunities: an awesome and diverse team that collaborates to change the game; a work environment that offers room for fun, inspiration and innovation; a clothing budget; a healthy, fresh and delicious lunch and even discounts in various fitness clubs and last but not least, a discount on a new bicycle.
What will happen next:
• We will thoroughly review your CV.
• We have a large expat community at G-Star, so please apply in English.
• When we hopefully find what we are looking for, we will call you for a chat and if it’s a good fit, we’ll plan our first interview.
• Because we’re very curious how you’d survive a mission impossible, we ask you to prepare a real-life business case in a follow-up interview.
• When we’re ready to commit to each other, we’ll finalize the terms we’ve discussed and we’ll explain to you how to order your first pair of jeans from the G-Star employee store. Good luck.