G-Star strives to be the most hardcore denim brand in the world. To achieve this, we are looking for hardcore thinkers and do-ers, who dare to create the future of premium and purposeful denim with us.
We are looking for people with big dreams, while keeping their feet on the ground. Those who are not afraid to push the limits, because we believe there are no limits in what denim can do.
Are you up for the challenge?
Are you the perfect fit for our team?
Are you a bit of a rebellious spirit?
Then we would love to hear from you!
Tasks and Responsibilities
As our Trade Director you will be responsible for all digital platforms (.Com, Outlet, App). We are looking for a candidate with a relentless drive to improve healthy sales and customer experience. Who is able to forecast and drive all online KPI’s, performance trends and volumes. You will optimise and forecast sales, promotions, sell through and conversion targets across all platforms and markets and onsite search to improve customer experience and conversion. Support the formulation of the online range based on historic and forecasted category and site performance. You will be closely working with the digital merchandiser to deliver a commercial buying process and continually liaise with global sales teams to optimise stock position for digital. You will work with UX and analytics/insights team to revise and constantly improve the customer journey, conversion funnel from category view to product page and basket checkout. You will develop strong collaborative relationships across the ecommerce, insights, marketing, creative and wider merchandising team. Create and manage the execution of the digital trading calendar. Improve full price and limit discount driven initiatives.
Online Visual Merchandising
The Trade Director drives improvements of the visual merchandising strategy, ensuring that product listings are on brand, optimized for sales and ahead of the competition. You will use analysis and data to evaluate impact of any visual merchandising changes and continually drive improvements. Continuously improve visual merchandising – identify new activity that will support trading of the site.
You will deliver a customer centric strategy. Improve all customer touch points across service, site experience, offers, technology, product, visual merchandising display and communications. Support the customer identification strategy (customer purchase journey across all platforms and channels. Drive conversion / optimisation tactics from and into the CDP. Work with retail / wholesale teams to provide best Stylist service advice to consumers.
Systems and Reporting
Using Tableau, analytics or other tools, ensure business and performance knowledge across the teams. Create actionable reporting and easy to consume performance analysis across sales, product, customer journey, customer behaviour, platforms, markets, trading activity and testing activity.
What you bring to the table:
• Extensive experience in a multi-channel digital trading team driving change and growth
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, project and change management and expertise
• Commercially and customer focussed with an understanding of the nuances of an entrepreneurial brand
• Have demonstrative knowledge of online buying behaviours with proven experience of delivering online customer experience improvement
• Expert excel skills
• Experience with Tableau or using similar insights tools preferred
• Excellent forecasting and planning skills
• Strong cross-functional leadership skills with partnership experience across functional teams
• Strong team player with clear and concise communication style
• Resilient – experience of managing rapid change and growth
• Understanding of target demographic consumer behaviour
• Excellent command of consumer analytics mining tools and analysing results (Omniture, GA, DC Storm, CRM, CDP sources etc.)
• Advanced understanding of digital marketing strategies including brand campaigns, paid social media, display advertising, search activity CRM and SEO
• Strong seasonal planning and campaign launch planning
• Hands on trading, marketing and promotion experience within a retail environment (preferably fashion or retail)
What does G-Star bring to the table:
Beyond a competitive salary, working at G-Star brings many other perks and exciting opportunities: an awesome and diverse team that collaborates to change the game; a work environment that offers room for fun, inspiration and innovation; a clothing budget; a healthy, fresh and delicious lunch and even discounts in various fitness clubs and last but not least, a discount on a new bicycle.
What will happen next:
• We will thoroughly review your CV (English is our corporate language, so please apply in English)
• When we hopefully find what we are looking for, we will call you for a chat and if it’s a good fit, we’ll plan our first interview
• Because we’re very curious how you’d survive a mission impossible, we ask you to prepare a real-life business case in a follow-up interview
• When we’re ready to commit to each other, we’ll finalize the terms we’ve discussed and we’ll explain to you how to order your first pair of jeans from the G-Star employee store. Good luck!