Here’s what we’ll do together:
We’re looking for a Footwear Designer to join the team at global HQ in Amsterdam.
Just imagine – as our new Footwear Designer, you will be responsible for the continuous innovation & Execution of the Men’s/Women’s footwear collection against seasonal design input and line plan.
In this role you create seasonal G-Star footwear collections that are on brand and have a good balance between innovation and core business. You do this by identifying fabric and fit opportunities and briefing these with the relevant supporting teams. You seasonally create and manage new and relevant innovative proposals for the integration into the collection, and work with merchandise on specific briefs, market requirements and business opportunities, and translate these into successful designs.
Next to this, you prepare all components of the Development process, such as sketching up the collection offer for internal reviews and product launching, following up on the development with the relevant departments, and launch the designs with the product development team.
You maintain knowledge of all styles in the collection, fits, fabrics and constructions.
You align all developments and information between different departments to meet all requirements and deadlines by adhering to the set calendar, keeping a clear communication flow between departments, and by continuously reviewing processes to optimize. It’s important that you work closely with the head of design from apparel and the graphic team to secure an aligned G-Star collection message for both genders and across apparel and footwear.
As our Footwear Designer you have a passion for quality, sustainability, details and fashion. You know what’s happening in the industry and you’re familiar with the latest trends and developments. You must show the attitude and willingness to embrace, understand and adopt the brand DNA and express this throughout all aspects of your job. You must be able to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment. Creative thinking and sharp attention to detail combined with a passion for bestselling designs are essential. You are always looking for better ways of working to improve the brand performance. You will always have the company goals in mind.
What you bring to the table:
• You have extensive knowledge of Fit, Fabric & Wash development and are able to distill relevant market shift & translate them to G-Star RAW;
• You bring excellent skills in Illustrator and Photoshop;
• Preferably, you also have experience in 3D design software.
• You’re flexible, without losing your eye for detail;
• Fashion? You live and breathe it.
• Add a Bachelor’s degree in Fashion and a minimum of 7 years of experience as a Footwear designer at an international fast fashion brand and you have our full attention.
Finally, do you have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English? We’d love to meet you!
What we bring to the table:
Beyond a competitive salary, working at G-Star brings many other perks and exciting opportunities: an awesome and diverse team that collaborates to change the game; a work environment that offers room for fun, inspiration and innovation; a clothing budget; a healthy, fresh and delicious lunch and even discounts in various fitness clubs and last but not least, a discount on a new bicycle.
What will happen next:
• We will thoroughly review your CV.
• We have a large expat community at G-Star, so please apply in English.
• When we hopefully find what we are looking for, we will call you for a chat and if it’s a good fit, we’ll plan our first interview.
• Because we’re very curious how you’d survive a mission impossible, we ask you to prepare a real-life business case in a follow-up interview.
• When we’re ready to commit to each other, we’ll finalize the terms we’ve discussed and we’ll explain to you how to order your first pair of jeans from the G-Star employee store. Good luck.