Here’s what we’ll do together:
G-Star is looking for an Experienced Fullstack Hybris & React developer to join the eCommerce IT-team. The eCommerce IT-team (+-30 FTE) is based in our global headquarter in Amsterdam and consists of a couple of Scrum teams working on technical support and new functionalities for the online presence of G-Star at www.g-star.com. In this role you will be involved in many aspects of the software development lifecycle: from gathering & refining technical requirements to implementing new features and functionality backed by unit tests.
Just Imagine – as our Fullstack Hybris & React Developer, you will be part of a team of internal & external Java and ReactJS developers applying best practices developing within the Hybris platform. Together with other members of the team, you will be responsible for specifying technical solutions for new business requirements and implementations while maintaining an overview of how the Hybris system integrates with the rest of the IT landscape.
Tasks & responsibilities:
• Define technical solutions for business requirements
• Write code to satisfy the business requirements and technical specifications (applying your experience and best practices in Hybris and React development)
• Document changes in the knowledgebase & within the code
• Write manuals for business users if creating new functionality within the system
• Maintain a good level of test coverage as defined by the team
What you bring to the table:
• You have experience working in E-Commerce for retail
• Programming Java/J2EE and ReactJS? Nothing you haven’t done before.
• You bring experience in working in intense, technical team environments. You also have experience in working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
• You have a strong interest in the the creative process and the various production processes.
• You have high learning capabilities.
• You have knowledge of JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket/GIT and a pro-active, practical and hands-on approach.
• Add a Bachelor or Masters degree in a relevant field of studies and a minimum of 2 years (hands-on) experience with both Hybris and ReactJS, and you’ve got our full attention.
• Are you also an excellent communicator? We’re heart-eyed.
Finally, are you fluent in English? We’d love to meet you!
What we bring to the table:
Beyond a competitive salary, working at G-Star brings many other perks and exciting opportunities: an awesome and diverse team that collaborates to change the game; a work environment that offers room for fun, inspiration and innovation; a clothing budget and a healthy, fresh and delicious lunch;
What will happen next:
• We will thoroughly review your CV.
• We have a large expat community at G-Star, so please apply in English.
• When we hopefully find what we are looking for, we will call you for a chat and if it’s a good fit, we’ll plan our first interview.
• Because we’re very curious how you’d survive a mission impossible, we ask you to prepare a real-life business case in a follow-up interview.
• When we’re ready to commit to each other, we’ll finalize the terms we’ve discussed and we’ll explain to you how to order your first pair of jeans from the G-Star employee store. Good luck.