G-Star Raw is looking for a General Ledger Accountant in the Retail/Ecom Team. In this role, you will be responsible for the general ledger accounts for international and national entities. Together with other members of the FA department, you will be responsible for the month and year closing.
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Decide on and process the monthly accruals and provisions
• Process the information from the POS system in the financial administration
• Check if the entries are made on the correct account, cost center and profit center
• Work with accounts payable department to improve on correct recording of invoices and expenses, follow up on missing invoices & control that invoices are received for direct debits
• Responsible for suspense accounts (cash, pin, credit card and goods flows)
• Fixed assets accounting
• Monthly reconciliation of the intercompany current accounts
• Monitoring the interfaces from different systems
• Book the salary journal entry and process the salary payment from the payroll department
• Responsible for VAT and ICT returns (together with tax department) and the journal entries regarding the returns
• Understand what is in the balance sheet accounts for the entities under your control.
• Liaise with Business Controllers: review of monthly opex and balance sheet positions
• MBO/HBO and at least 5 years of experience in a similar position
• Experience with general ledger in an international environment
• Experience in a retail environment (stores)
• Excellent user knowledge of SAP FiCo and Excel
• Organized, flexible, detail-orientated and used to work independently
• Not afraid to ask questions, wants to know how things work, ‘can do’ mentality
• Fluent in English and Dutch
What we bring to the table:
Beyond a competitive salary, working at G-Star brings many other perks and exciting opportunities: an awesome and diverse team that collaborates to change the game; a work environment that offers room for fun, inspiration and innovation; a clothing budget; a healthy, fresh and delicious lunch and even discounts in various fitness clubs and last but not least, a discount on a new bicycle.
What will happen next:
• We will thoroughly review your CV.
• We have a large expat community at G-Star, so please apply in English.
• When we hopefully find what we are looking for, we will call you for a chat and if it’s a good fit, we’ll plan our first interview.
• Because we’re very curious how you’d survive a mission impossible, we ask you to prepare a real-life business case in a follow-up interview.
• When we’re ready to commit to each other, we’ll finalize the terms we’ve discussed and we’ll explain to you how to order your first pair of jeans from the G-Star employee store. Good luck.