G-Star strives to be the most hardcore denim brand in the world.
To achieve this, we are looking for hardcore thinkers and do-ers, who dare to create the future of premium and purposeful denim with us.
We are looking for people with big dreams, while keeping their feet on the ground. Those who are not afraid to push the limits, because we believe there are no limits in what denim can do.
Are you up for the challenge?
Are you the perfect fit for our team?
Are you a bit of a rebellious spirit?
Then we would love to hear from you!
Here’s what we’ll do together:
The main purpose of the job of GL accountant is to carry responsibilities in maintaining the financial administration of one or more legal entities. Nevertheless you will take part in a team that never stops learning: there may also be responsibilities that go beyond the legal entities that have been assigned to you (such as payroll accounting expertise, or VAT filings, etc) all in order to build certain expertise within the team that can be shared.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Maintaining ‘the books’ of one or more legal entities with a global presence. This may include:
• Reconciliation cash in transit
• Reconciliation goods in transit
• Payroll accounting: understand what is booked and, in particular, monitor and control payroll balance sheet liabilities
• Prepare VAT filings and manage together with our tax department
• Stick to deadlines
• Control entire balance sheet and perform the required reconciliations timely
• Manage OPEX spend and put in accruals where needed
• Liaise with AP department in order to provide guidance on booking requirements
• Find clarifications for balance sheet positions that tend to age, and follow up where needed
• Communicate. Don’t be hesitant to seek advice or help in the event you get stuck
• Support external audits by preparing documentation for the auditor in the financial year end process
Within G-Star we encourage the development of any specialty that you may bring to the table that brings you, the team, or the company to the next level. At this moment G-Star is in the process of implementing SAP Ariba. SAP Ariba should help us to manage our procurement process better. We are looking for someone that could bring the expertise required or has the desire to develop this expertise. In addition to making the implementation successful we see an opportunity for the right candidate to also maintain the application and further improve and expand its use. You act as a ‘superuser’ and feel comfortable to teach others how to use the system in the right way.
Furthermore, the following qualifications are a must:
• Bachelor level or similar degree; at least comparable level in working & thinking
• Approximately 3 years of experience in similar positions
• High in energy and motivated to go the extra mile
• Independent worker, self-starter
What we bring to the table:
Beyond a competitive salary, working at G-Star brings many other perks and exciting opportunities: an awesome and diverse team that collaborates to change the game; a work environment that offers room for fun, inspiration and innovation; a clothing budget; a healthy, fresh and delicious lunch and even discounts in various fitness clubs and last but not least, a discount on a new bicycle.
What will happen next:
• We will thoroughly review your CV (English is our corporate language, so please apply in English)
• When we hopefully find what we are looking for, we will call you for a chat and if it’s a good fit, we’ll plan our first interview
• Because we’re very curious how you’d survive a mission impossible, we ask you to prepare a real-life business case in a follow-up interview
• When we’re ready to commit to each other, we’ll finalize the terms we’ve discussed and we’ll explain to you how to order your first pair of jeans from the G-Star employee store. Good luck!