G-Star strives to be the most hardcore denim brand in the world.
To achieve this, we are looking for hardcore thinkers and do-ers, who dare to create the future of premium and purposeful denim with us.
We are looking for people with big dreams, while keeping their feet on the ground. Those who are not afraid to push the limits, because we believe there are no limits in what denim can do.
Are you up for the challenge?
Are you the perfect fit for our team?
Are you a bit of a rebellious spirit?
Then we would love to hear from you!
Here’s what we’ll do together:
In this role you will be part of the global Commercial Marketing team and will report into the Head of Commercial Marketing. You will be working very closely with the global marketing team and the different sales channels across Europe; controlled (retail & outlet), wholesale (franchise, department stores, specialty stores, emerging markets), and the global regions. You will be responsible for translating the global marketing strategy into the different sales channels and to drive profitable growth (drive sell-in & sell through) as well as brand exposure with our trade partners in an omni-channel environment.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Develop and execute an innovative European retail- and trade marketing strategy
- Drive implementation of global marketing campaigns & initiatives in the different sales channels in the European key markets, ensuring consistent and high-quality execution.
- Establish close alignment with the e-commerce team on the marketing plans.
- Co-owner of the integrated commercial marketing calendar
- Plan, manage and execute the retail & wholesale brand activations; in-store, windows, pop-ups, events, and online activations to drive brand buzz, traffic and sell-out. Work in close cooperation with the Retail Experience team to deliver the offline experiences.
- Develop and deliver tailored marketing strategies for key accounts, developing a deep understanding of these accounts, and their customers to implement effective marketing programs to drive the business and grow brand awareness
- Provide input for the Go To Market plan, based on market insights and trade knowledge, develop sell-in and sell out tools and present the seasonal marketing plans to Key Accounts
- Oversee the buy of all channels; to ensure complete channel alignment when rolling out marketing campaigns
- Report on clear KPI’s, ROI and overall campaign performance for all channels – recommending optimizations when needed
- Support the delivery of the seasonal campaign toolbox; from developing the channel plans and briefing assets, to creating the final launch plans and asset delivery. Making sure all partners have access to the right assets.
- Together with the Retail Experience team, improve the brand and shopping experience in the retail and wholesale channel
- Work closely together with the global regions; align on marketing plans, seasonal deliverables and support the local requests
- Leverage understanding of occasions and rich insights to provide consumer and shopper-driven solutions that drive brand performance across all channels
- Forecast and manage the retail & trade marketing budget
What you bring to the table:
- A Bachelor or Master’s degree in Business / Marketing
- Minimum 5 years of in-depth experience in Retail marketing, Trade marketing, Channel marketing, Sales
- Strong understanding of the European retail & wholesale landscape, with a keen interest in trends in retail marketing
- Understanding of the shifting retail landscape and omni/shopper media platforms
- Experience with rolling out integrated marketing campaigns
- Quick thinker and a creative, smart and commercial mindset
- Team Player
- Excellent presentation skills
- Analytical and solutions-oriented
- Strong experience in stakeholder management
- A collaborative mindset with experience of cross functional influence – being the bridge between Sales and Marketing
- Fluent in English, other European language is preferred (Dutch, German)
Finally, do you have a strong personality and excellent verbal and written communication skills in English? We’d love to meet you!
What does G-Star bring to the table:
Beyond a competitive salary, working at G-Star brings many other perks and exciting opportunities: an awesome and diverse team that collaborates to change the game; a work environment that offers room for fun, inspiration and innovation; a clothing budget; a healthy, fresh and delicious lunch and even discounts in various fitness clubs and last but not least, a discount on a new bicycle.
What will happen next:
• We will thoroughly review your CV.
• We have a large expat community at G-Star, so please apply in English.
• When we hopefully find what we are looking for, we will call you for a chat and if it’s a good fit, we’ll plan our first interview.
• Because we’re very curious how you’d survive a mission impossible, we ask you to prepare a real-life business case in a follow-up interview.
• Having an agile mindset is very important at G-Star, therefore we ask you to participate in an (online) Learning Agility Assessment.
• When we’re ready to commit to each other, we’ll finalize the terms we’ve discussed and we’ll explain to you how to order your first pair of jeans from the G-Star employee store. Good luck.