Denim. It’s our passion. It’s in our blood.
But we are not just another denim brand.
At G-Star, we are obsessed with denim. Together we push to invent, explore and take craftsmanship to another level. Down to the smallest detail and with a strong belief that there is no limit to what denim can do. To achieve this, we are always looking for hardcore thinkers and do-ers, who want to join us in creating the future of premium and purposeful denim.
Are you up for the challenge?
Are you the perfect fit for our team?
Are you a bit of a rebellious spirit?
Then we would love to hear from you!
Here’s what we’ll do together:
G-Star Raw is looking for a Global Tax Manager / Head of Tax to lead the Tax Department in its Amsterdam headquarters. In your role as Global Tax Manager you will work closely with other departments and provide the G-Star group entities located in Europe, Asia, Africa and North America with your advice.
If you are eager to learn, a team-player and up for the next step in your career, this will be an interesting role where you can further develop yourself. Next to leading the tax team, you shall be dealing with VAT, Corporate Income Tax, Transfer Pricing, Customs and Wage Tax matters.
You shall be responsible for implementing Horizontal Monitoring 2.0, timely filing of tax returns and advice on international tax aspects, such as determining the VAT impact on contemplated invoicing flows for new sales channels, answer Corporate Tax and VAT related questions regarding developments in the field of E-Commerce to support G-Star’s digital growth agenda.
In your role as Global Tax Manager you shall ensure compliant Transfer Pricing documentation working together with external tax advisors. Furthermore you shall advice on the tax impact of restructurings and determine the optimal supply chain model for new markets from a Customs and Corporate Tax perspective.
You are expected to analyze potential Tax issues and come up with possible solutions to solve them in close alignment with other stakeholders.
The Global Tax Manager role is executed at the headquarters in Amsterdam where you will lead a small team and will directly report to the CFO.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Leading the tax team
• Advice on (in)direct tax aspects of international projects
• Manage tax audits, tax filings, VAT recovery and Corporate Tax refund processes
• Support the year end close process with tax provisioning and preparing tax notes for the group financial statements
• Build and maintain proper Transfer Pricing documentation and tax procedures
• Maintain and update the Tax Control Framework
• Maintain good relations with the Dutch and foreign tax authorities
• Review (in)direct tax returns
What you bring to the table:
• Master’s degree in Fiscal Economics / Fiscal Law
• Broad experience in the field of international taxation
• 5 years of relevent work experience
• Ability to work under pressure and prioritize to meet deadlines and targets;
• Able to lead and guide a team
• Enthusiastic, self-starting and enjoys change;
• Fully comfortable working in English, both written and spoken;
What does G-Star bring to the table:
Beyond a competitive salary, working at G-Star brings many other perks and exciting opportunities: an awesome and diverse team that collaborates to change the game; a work environment that offers room for fun, inspiration and innovation; a clothing budget; a healthy lunch, and last but not least, a discount on a new bicycle.
What will happen next:
• We will thoroughly review your CV.
• We have a large expat community at G-Star, so please apply in English.
• When we hopefully find what we are looking for, we will call you for a chat and if it’s a good fit, we’ll plan our first interview.
• Because we’re very curious how you’d survive a mission impossible, we ask you to prepare a real-life business case in a follow-up interview.
• Having an agile mindset is very important at G-Star, therefore we ask you to participate in an (online) Learning Agility Assessment.
• When we’re ready to commit to each other, we’ll finalize the terms we’ve discussed and we’ll explain to you how to order your first pair of jeans from the G-Star employee store. Good luck!