Denim. It’s our passion. It’s in our blood.
But we are not just another denim brand.
At G-Star, we are obsessed with denim. Together we push to invent, explore and take craftsmanship to another level. Down to the smallest detail and with a strong belief that there is no limit to what denim can do. To achieve this, we are always looking for hardcore thinkers and do-ers, who want to join us in creating the future of premium and purposeful denim.
Are you up for the challenge?
Are you the perfect fit for our team?
Are you a bit of a rebellious spirit?
Then we would love to hear from you
Here's what we'll do together:
As our Head of Digital Trade, you will be responsible for driving the trade performance for the G-Star webshops and App channel. This requires forecasting and driving all online revenue and margin KPI’s, performance trends and volumes. As we are increasing our online business, you will be critical to the success of our strategy, growing our owned channels at a healthy pace.
You will be responsible for owning and executing our Global Trade & Promotional calendar. You will work in close cooperation with the Digital Marketing & CRM teams to drive performance, setting their targets and driving the teams to achieve this.
The European webshops are directly managed by your team at HQ, while the non-EU regions require your support to help achieve their goals. Your team will own the internal comms with key stakeholders and execute the plan on site.
You will also lead onsite initiatives to optimise performance and customer metrics. Including but not limited to: site merchandising strategies, cross sell & upsell, onsite acquisition, optimization of CDP journeys etc. always considering the balance between trade & brand objectives.
For the commercial collection and buying process you will work together with the digital merchandiser to deliver a digital first assortment. Ensuring the right process and continually liaising with global sales teams to optimize stock position for digital.
In short, this is a great next step in the e-commerce world!
Tasks & responsibilities:
- Relentless drive to improve healthy sales, margin and customer experience
- Forecast and drive all online trade KPI’s, performance trends and volumes
- Optimise and forecast sales, promotions, sell through and conversion targets across all platforms and markets (web store, app, outlet)
- Optimise onsite search to improve customer experience and conversion
- Support the formulation of the online range based on historic and forecasted category and site performance
- Working with the digital merchandiser to deliver a commercial buying process and continually liaise with global sales teams to optimise stock position for digital
- Work with and drive the UX/analytics/insights team to revise and constantly improve the customer journey
- Improve conversion funnel from category view to product page and basket checkout
- Developing strong collaborative relationships across the ecommerce, insights, marketing, creative and wider merchandising team
- Create and manage the execution of the digital trading calendar and align with marketing calendar. Improve full price and limit discount driven initiatives
- Build a relationship with external party for flexible workforce capacity extension.
- Global role, heading EU region and supporting non-EU teams
Online Visual Merchandising
- Drive improvements of the visual merchandising strategy, ensuring that product listings are on brand, optimized for sales and ahead of the competition.
- Use analysis and data to evaluate impact of any visual merchandising changes and continually drive improvements
- Continuously improve visual merchandising – identify new activity that will support trading of the site
- Deliver customer centric strategy – improve all customer touch points across service, site experience, offers, technology, product, visual merchandising display and communications
- Support the customer identification strategy (customer purchase journey across all platforms and channels
- Drive conversion optimisation tactics from and into the CDP
Systems and Reporting
- Using Tableau, analytics or other tools, ensure business and performance knowledge across the teams.
- Create actionable reporting and easy to consume performance analysis across sales, product, customer journey, customer behaviour, platforms, markets, trading activity and testing activity.
Here's what you bring to the table:
- Extensive multichannel and global trading experience
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, project and change management expertise
- Expert excel skills
- Experience with Tableau or using similar insights tools preferred (we will help with training if needed)
- Excellent forecasting and planning skills
- Strong cross-functional leadership skills with partnership experience across functional teams
- Strong team player
- Understanding of target demographic consumer behaviour
- Excellent command of consumer analytics mining tools and analysing results (GA, CRM, CDP sources etc.)
- Good understanding of digital marketing strategies including brand campaigns, paid social media, display advertising, search activity CRM and SEO
- Strong seasonal planning and campaign launch planning
- Hands on trading, marketing and promotion experience within a retail environment (preferably fashion)
- Extensive experience in international multi-channel digital trading team driving change and growth
- Commercially focussed with an understanding of the nuances of an entrepreneurial brand
- Have demonstrative knowledge of online buying behaviours with proven experience of delivering online customer experience improvement
- Customer focused
- Resilient – experience of managing rapid change and growth.
- People leader with clear and concise communication style, strong focus on building and motivating the global Trade team.
What does G-Star bring to the table:
Beyond a competitive salary, working at G-Star brings many other perks and exciting opportunities: an awesome and diverse team that collaborates to change the game; a work environment that offers room for fun, inspiration and innovation; a clothing budget; a healthy lunch, and last but not least, a discount on a new bicycle.
What will happen next:
- We will thoroughly review your CV.
- We have a large expat community at G Star, so please apply in English.
- When we hopefully find what we are looking for, we will get in touch with you for a chat and if it’s a good fit, we’ll plan our first interview.
- Because we’re very curious how you’d survive a mission impossible, we ask you to prepare a real life business case in a follow up interview.
- Having an agile mindset is very important at G Star, therefore we ask you to participate in an (online) Learning Agility Assessment.
- When we’re ready to commit to each other, we’ll finalize the terms we’ve discussed and we’ll explain to you how to order your first pair of jeans from the G Star employee store. Good luck.