G-Star strives to be the most hardcore denim brand in the world.To achieve this, we are looking for hardcore thinkers and do-ers, who dare to create the future of premium and purposeful denim with us.We are looking for people with big dreams, while keeping their feet on the ground. Those who are not afraid to push the limits, because we believe there are no limits in what denim can do.
Are you up for the challenge?
Are you the perfect fit for our team?
Are you a bit of a rebellious spirit?
Then we would love to hear from you!
Here’s what we’ll do together:
Are you passionate about HR and denim? Our great HR team works hard to make our business feel supported in their daily operations and in their development within G-Star. We are looking for a French speaking HR & Payroll Administrative assistant located in Amsterdam. To support you in your daily job and your development, you will be coached by our HR Operations Manager.
As our always-in-control HR & Payroll Administrative assistant you’ll be in charge of making sure our HR operations run smoothly. Keep in mind that this position is a interim position. Your glass is always half full, but you know how to set you daily priorities.
In the core processes of people hiring, developing and leaving, you are the go-to-person to ensure that everything is finalized perfectly down to the last detail. You’ll do this by updating our personnel files and by managing our HR systems. And of course, you will be the first point of contact for all our colleagues with HR related questions.
To ensure our people always get paid on time – most important job in the company – you will provide Payroll with the always up-to-date info. Afterwards you check, together with our payroll specialist, the calculations.
You will prep employer statements and track, process and keep an eye on the different kinds of leaves of absence. You are able to fill French legal declarations, control and update (if needed) company’s obligations about taxes and benefits.
Last but not least, you can manage relations with employees in France (emails or phone) on payroll/legislation topics as well as with our payroll provider.
The HR Officer France will report to the HR Operations and Rewards Manager, with a dotted line to the HR Manager France in Amsterdam.
What you bring to the table:
• You are precise, stress resistant, flexible and well organized
• You have experience in French (local) labour law and HR related topics
• Beyond your –big pile of- challenging tasks and responsibilities, you’re always able to see the bigger picture and give suggestions to make things better
• Add a Bachelor/Master and a 3yrs+ of relevant experience in a similar position, you’ve got our full attention.
You are native in French and fluent, spoken and written (communication with the payroll provider in French and English, with the team HR/HQ in English but with employees and also French administrations, only in French).
• And you get an extra plus if you have relevant system experience
Finally, do you have a strong personality and do you see the perfect match? We’d love to meet you!
What we bring to the table:
Beyond a competitive salary, working at G-Star brings many other perks and exciting opportunities: an awesome and diverse team that collaborates to change the game; a work environment that offers room for fun, inspiration and innovation; a clothing budget so generous that we challenge you to spend it all; a healthy, fresh and delicious lunch and even discounts in various fitness clubs.
What will happen next:
• We will thoroughly review your CV.
• We have a large expat community at G-Star, so please apply in English.
• When we hopefully find what we are looking for, we will call you for a chat and if it’s a good fit, we’ll plan our first interview.
• Because we’re very curious how you’d survive a mission impossible, we ask you to prepare a real-life business case in a follow-up interview.
• When we’re ready to commit to each other, we’ll finalize the terms we’ve discussed and we’ll explain to you how to order your first pair of jeans from the G-Star employee store. Good luck.