Denim. It’s our passion. It’s in our blood.
But we are not just another denim brand.
At G-Star, we are obsessed with denim. Together we push to invent, explore and take craftsmanship to another level. Down to the smallest detail and with a strong belief that there is no limit to what denim can do. To achieve this, we are always looking for hardcore thinkers and do-ers, who want to join us in creating the future of premium and purposeful denim.
Are you up for the challenge?
Are you the perfect fit for our team?
Are you a bit of a rebellious spirit?
Then we would love to hear from you!
NOTE: You need to have work authorization/study permit in The Netherlands – no immigration support is available for internships
Here's what we'll do together:
In this internship you will work closely together with the men’s woven design team of G-star Raw. You will assist in paving the way into a more 3D focused design process, by helping to translate 2D sketches into 3D designs. Your focus will be the Woven product group, but you will also work together with Designers from other categories.
This internship will give you an insight into a large fashion brand and its way of working. You will have to communicate independently with other areas of the company, for example with product development or the atelier.
Your tasks & responsibilities:
- Convert 2D sketches into 3D Designs
- Update 3D files and incorporate changes after big design meetings
- Create a system to organize 3D files from different departments
- Create detailed high-res renders for presentation purposes
- Reviewing, updating and formatting guidelines and instruction manuals
- Work closely with Designers from different departments
Here's what you bring to the table:
- You have a strong affinity and ambition for denim and apparel in general
- You have a great eye for detail and can work independently
- Experience with 3D programs CLO3D and Blender
- Experience with design programs Illustrator and Photoshop
- Currently enrolled at a university or college with a focus on Design
- Strong affinity with systems and technology
- During the time of your internship you are enrolled at a Dutch university or college
- If you are a non-EU student you are in possession of a mandatory internship assignment from your university or college
- You are already living in the Netherlands and (you are prepared to) have a Dutch health insurance and willing to sponsor your own daily travel costs.
- You are responsible for your own housing.
- You are available for a period of 6 months starting in January / February 2023
Finally, do you have a strong personality and excellent verbal and written communication skills in Dutch and English? We’d love to meet you!
What we bring to the table:
Next to a compensation of €600 for your internship, working at G-Star brings so many perks and exciting opportunities, we don’t know where to begin… How about an awesome and diverse team that collaborates to inspire; a work environment that offers room for fun, inspiration and innovation and a clothing budget of €400 to buy the latest G-Star items! To keep up the greatness we also offer you a healthy, fresh, and delicious lunch in our HQ in Amsterdam
Found your dream internship?
- We will thoroughly review your application.
- We have an international community at G-Star, so please apply in English.
- When we hopefully find what we are looking for, we will call you for a chat and if it’s a good fit, we’ll plan our first interview.
- When we’re ready to commit to each other, we will congratulate you on your brand new internship and discuss the next steps. We look forward to see you on the onboarding day!