Denim. It’s our passion. It’s in our blood.
But we are not just another denim brand.
At G-Star, we are obsessed with denim. Together we push to invent, explore and take craftsmanship to another level. Down to the smallest detail and with a strong belief that there is no limit to what denim can do. To achieve this, we are always looking for hardcore thinkers and do-ers, who want to join us in creating the future of premium and purposeful denim.
Are you up for the challenge?
Are you the perfect fit for our team?
Are you a bit of a rebellious spirit?
Then we would love to hear from you!
NOTE: You need to have work authorization/study permit in The Netherlands – no immigration support is available for internships
Here’s what we’ll do together:
We’re looking for a Business Strategy intern, who’s is ready to join our G-Star Corporate Strategy & Development Team!
Just imagine –
As our new Corporate Strategy Intern, you’ll be part of the Corporate Strategy & Development team. The Corporate Strategy & Development department keeps G-Star moving in the right direction Through rigorous analyses, focus on our customers, creative thinking, and deep partnership with the business, the department develops the strategic direction for the company. You will act like an internal consultant.
The Corporate Strategy & Development department supports the Executive Committee with various strategic projects and by spearheading transformational projects across G-star businesses and geographies. The department works cross-divisional with the management of all functional departments (E-com, sustainability, merchandising, design, marketing, supply chain, finance etc.), and the regional organizations in a highly international environment.
Your responsibilities and tasks:
- Support in complex research and analyses to drive business case development for key strategic focus areas
- Financial modeling of potential strategic decisions across business development, transformation, etc.
- Analyzing the external environment (competitor insights, technology trend, etc.) to support in mid- and long-term strategic growth plans
- Support in driving the planning, delivery and execution of strategic projects, continuous improvement and transformation programs at HQ and in regions.
What you bring to the table:
- You are a Bachelor student, preferably with a specialization in the areas of: Business and Economics, Finance or Mathematics;
- You have affinity with strategy and innovation and are quantitatively oriented;
- Strong problem-solving, analytical and conceptual skills
- You have a ‘can-do’ mentality and are able to think outside the box;
- You are available for a minimum of 5 months and minimum of 4 days per week;
- During the time of your internship you are enrolled at a Dutch university or college
- If you are a non-EU student you are in possession of a mandatory internship assignment from your university or college
- You are already living in the Netherlands and (you are prepared to) have a Dutch health insurance
- Are you also self-confident, organized, pro-active with strong analytical and presentation skills? We’re heart-eyed.
What does G-Star bring to the table:
Next to a compensation of €600 for your internship, working at G-Star brings so many perks and exciting opportunities, we don’t know where to begin… How about an awesome and diverse team that collaborates to inspire; a work environment that offers room for fun, inspiration and innovation and a clothing budget of €400 to buy the latest G-Star items! To keep up the greatness we also offer you a healthy, fresh, and delicious lunch in our HQ in Amsterdam!
Found your dream internship?
• We will thoroughly review your application.
• We have an international community at G-Star, so please apply in English.
• When we hopefully find what we are looking for, we will call you for a chat and if it’s a good fit, we’ll plan our first interview.
• When we’re ready to commit to each other, we will congratulate you on your brand new Internship and discuss the next steps. We look forward to see you on the onboarding day!