Denim. It’s our passion. It’s in our blood.
But we are not just another denim brand.
At G-Star, we are obsessed with denim. Together we push to invent, explore and take craftsmanship to another level. Down to the smallest detail and with a strong belief that there is no limit to what denim can do. To achieve this, we are always looking for hardcore thinkers and do-ers, who want to join us in creating the future of premium and purposeful denim.
Are you up for the challenge?
Are you the perfect fit for our team?
Are you a bit of a rebellious spirit?
Then we would love to hear from you!
NOTE: You need to have work authorization/study permit in The Netherlands – no immigration support is available for internships
Here’s what we’ll do together:
Just imagine –As our new HR Operations Intern, you’ll get to know the full basis of your future HR career! You will mainly help processing all HR administration, but will also be involved in other HR projects. You will have the opportunity to be part of an amazing HR team, learn the full HR operations process and gain actual working experience in an international environment.
In this internship, you will experience what it means to work in a HR team and support running HR operations focusing on administration and transactional activities and supporting HR initiatives. You will experience a basic understanding of business disciplines and the application of workflows and procedures from our international headquarters in Amsterdam. The daily tasks of the HR operations intern include updating our systems with HR data, ensuring that new contracts will be processed accordingly, creating letters and other documents. Furthermore, you will have the ability to get to know a lot more about the world of HR and have a sneak peek into other HR disciplines as well. At G-Star, you will get the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment that is leading in denim innovation and sustainability.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Prepare employee documentation for the core processes of hiring, terminations and promotions;
- Support our HR back office to deliver an overview of the monthly changes to the payroll department;
- Maintain our HR System;
- Support our HR officers and HR business partners as first point of contact for HR policy related questions for employees;
- Learn other frequently occurring administrative and/or operational HR tasks, such as preparing employer statements, submitting 30% ruling applications, administering special leaves such as maternity leave and parental leave, etc.
What you bring to the table:
You have strong affinity and ambition for HR processes, or the desire to start learning the basics of HR.
- You are a pro-active, energetic and driven intern who wants to learn by doing.
- Preferably, you are interested in Retail, Fashion or the Lifestyle Industry.
- Experience with MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Affinity with systems and technology.
- Prior experience with HR Systems is a plus
- You are able to start in September 2022 for a period of 5 to 6 months
- During the time of your internship, you are enrolled at a Dutch university or college.
- You are already living in the Netherlands and (you are prepared to) have a Dutch health insurance.
- Add a Bachelor/Master in a Human Resource related education and you’ve got our full attention.
Finally, do you have a strong personality and excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Dutch and English? We’d love to meet you!
What we bring to the table:
Next to a compensation of €600 for your internship, working at G-Star brings so many perks and exciting opportunities, we don’t know where to begin… How about an awesome and diverse team that collaborates to inspire; a work environment that offers room for fun, inspiration and innovation and a clothing budget of €400 to buy the latest G-Star items! To keep up the greatness we also offer you a healthy, fresh, and delicious lunch in our HQ in Amsterdam!
What will happen next:
Found your dream internship?
- Use the apply button below to submit your application.
- We will thoroughly review your application.
- We have an international community at G-Star, so please apply in English.
- When we hopefully find what we are looking for, we will call you for a chat and if it’s a good fit, we’ll plan our first interview.
When we’re ready to commit to each other, we will congratulate you on your brand new internship and discuss the next steps. We look forward to see you on the onboarding day!