Denim. It’s our passion. It’s in our blood.
But we are not just another denim brand.
At G-Star, we are obsessed with denim. Together we push to invent, explore and take craftsmanship to another level. Down to the smallest detail and with a strong belief that there is no limit to what denim can do. To achieve this, we are always looking for hardcore thinkers and do-ers, who want to join us in creating the future of premium and purposeful denim.
Are you up for the challenge?
Are you the perfect fit for our team?
Are you a bit of a rebellious spirit?
Then we would love to hear from you!
NOTE: You need to have work authorization/study permit in The Netherlands – no immigration support is available for internships
Here's what we'll do together:
Is your passion for numbers and fashion as high as ours? In this internship, you will learn how to translate the overall merchandising strategy to assortment strategy to determine the right product mix for all European stores and g-star.com.
As our new Intern Merchandise Planning, you’ll help with a varied range of tasks to gain a solid understanding of the merchandise planning function:
- You are looking to pursue a career as a merchandise planner. You have a passion for analysis and number.
- You have strong numeracy and have skills in Excel (reporting and handling big data amounts, executing pivots and other analysis)
- You are able to help the Planning team with a varied range of tasks across the different channels.
- You are willing to work in a diverse and multi-cultural environment
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Produce and circulate weekly reporting to the wider team
- Assist with weekly trade meetings by monitoring sales, stock and relevant KPI
- Support Planners with weekly/monthly analysis and hindsight/strategy presentations
Here's what you bring to the table:
- During the time of your internship you are enrolled at a Dutch university or college
- If you are a non-EU student you are in possession of a mandatory internship assignment from your university or college
- You are already living in the Netherlands and (you are prepared to) have a Dutch health insurance
- You are able and willing to sponsor your own daily travel costs
- Fashion? You live and breathe it.
- You are available for a period of 6 months around January/February, 2023
- You are doing a Bachelor/Master in a Fashion Management or related education and you’ve got our full attention.
Finally, do you have strong personality and excellent verbal and written communication skills in English? We’d love to meet you!
Here's what we bring to the table:
Next to a compensation of €600 for your internship, working at G-Star brings so many perks and exciting opportunities, we don’t know where to begin… How about an awesome and diverse team that collaborates to inspire; a work environment that offers room for fun, inspiration and innovation and a clothing budget of €400 to buy the latest G-Star items! To keep up the greatness we also offer you a healthy, fresh, and delicious lunch in our HQ in Amsterdam!
Found your dream internship?
- We will thoroughly review your application.
- We have an international community at G-Star, so please apply in English.
- When we hopefully find what we are looking for, we will call you for a chat and if it’s a good fit, we’ll plan our first interview. Because we’re very curious how you’d survive a mission impossible, we ask you to prepare a real-life business case.
- When we’re ready to commit to each other, we will congratulate you on your brand new internship and discuss the next steps. We look forward to see you on the onboarding day!