Denim. It’s our passion. It’s in our blood.
But we are not just another denim brand.
At G-Star, we are obsessed with denim. Together we push to invent, explore and take craftsmanship to another level. Down to the smallest detail and with a strong belief that there is no limit to what denim can do. To achieve this, we are always looking for hardcore thinkers and do-ers, who want to join us in creating the future of premium and purposeful denim.
Are you up for the challenge?
Are you the perfect fit for our team?
Are you a bit of a rebellious spirit?
Then we would love to hear from you!
Here’s what we’ll do together:
Is your passion for denim, stock allocation and analytics as high as ours? As a Junior Allocator within G-Star, we will expect you to have all the answers when it comes to the numbers!
As our new Junior Allocator, you will be responsible for overseeing optimal stock levels across the globe.
The Planning & Allocation team provides all the necessary figures, analysis and stock allocations in order for the stores to maximize their profits. You’re already a market expert in-the-making when it comes to allocating stock. You’re going to help matching stock and demand across all sales channels (Brick & Click) and flag potential stock-outs, whilst being the main point of contact for the regions.
Your tasks & responsibilities:
- Together with the merchandise planners and regions assure that new collections are ordered on time via ERP/SAP.
- Monitor incoming stock to make sure these collections are allocated towards the stores, and support wherever is needed.
- In-depth analysis from topline to historical sales on size level, to flag both potential stock needs or prevent stock build-ups across all sales channels.
- Stock management on global level to assure a healthy stock situation in our warehouses, and quickly solve any challenges that occur together with the other departments (retail, IT, logistics, SBO)
- Best & slow-seller management, comparing stock vs sales, and participating in weekly trade meetings with all the regional teams.
- Share all best practices amongst the regions, and be that vital link between the regional teams and other departments at HQ.
- Facilitate and align SALE and other important events, thereby keeping all the stakeholders informed on product, price, place and promotion.
- Good alignment between the brick and click stores, and see to it that the products are available for g-star.com and the marketplaces of our strategic partners.
Here's what you bring to the table:
- You have a relevant Bachelor and preferably 1-2 years of relevant experience in a replenishment position within the retail industry.
- Microsoft Excel has no secrets left for you.
- Analytical talent combined with a hands-on mentality!
- Solid understanding of optimizing stock turn, increasing sell through and reallocating stock.
- Fashion? You live and breathe it.
- Coordinating experience? That is a real plus…
- Are you also self-confident, organized, and proactive with strong analytical skills? We’re heart-eyed.
- Finally, do you have a strong personality and excellent verbal and written communication skills in Dutch and English? We’d love to meet you!
Here’s what we bring to the table:
Beyond a competitive salary, working at G-Star brings many other perks and exciting opportunities: an awesome and diverse team that collaborates to change the game; a work environment that offers room for fun, inspiration and innovation; a clothing budget; a healthy, fresh and delicious lunch and even discounts in various fitness clubs and last but not least, a discount on a new bicycle.
What will happen next:
- We will thoroughly review your CV.
- We have a large expat community at G-Star, so please apply in English.
- When we hopefully find what we are looking for, we will call you for a chat and if it’s a good fit, we’ll plan our first interview.
- Because we’re very curious how you’d survive a mission impossible, we ask you to prepare a real-life business case in a follow-up interview.
- Having an agile mindset is very important at G-Star, therefore we ask you to participate in an (online) Learning Agility Assessment.
- When we’re ready to commit to each other, we’ll finalize the terms we’ve discussed and we’ll explain to you how to order your first pair of jeans from the G-Star employee store. Good luck!