G-Star is a place where your passion for all things denim becomes a career. It’s a place of collaboration, inspiration, and innovation. Working alongside like-minded people, feeding off one another’s energy and drive.
It’s a place to express and grow your specialization, in a dynamic environment that values proactivity and innovation. A ‘Dutch’ approach to communication encourages openness and clarity within our relatively flat organization.
It’s a place where the level of responsibility is equal to the level of fun. Hands on to get things done, we strive to make the impossible possible.
At G-Star, every day is another opportunity to push the boundaries of denim.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Would you like to combine your expertise of social advertising with your passion for denim? Then you might be our new Lead Paid Social!
As G-Stars’ Lead Paid Social you become part of the Paid Social Team, which is part of the bigger Global Digital Marketing Team. This team consists of an enthusiastic and experienced group of digital specialists (for example: PPC, Paid Social, Display, SEO and Affiliate). You will lead one paid social specialist. In the Digital Marketing Team we have big ambitions and lots of motivation to have maximum impact on the growth of G-Star Raw. And we have lots of fun as well!
The Digital Marketing Team is responsible for creating the global digital marketing strategy for G-Star RAW and ensure a flawless execution. We do this in close collaboration with the different regional marketing teams, the E-commmerce team, our inhouse creative team and our data teams.
As Lead Paid Social you will work on developing an overall strategic vision and direction for the Paid Social channel and executing upon this strategy, delivering through others with a view to meet our ambitious growth targets.
By doing so, you have a significant impact on the growth of G-Star! In addition, this role involves significant stakeholder management across various departments. This role is a unique opportunity for someone who is looking for the next step in their career and who likes working in a fast paced, international environment.
As our Lead Paid Social Lead, you:
• Will set up the paid social full funnel strategy covering the different tactics like Brand Awareness, Prospecting and Conversion. Also you will create the roadmap (including a test and learn agenda) and determine weekly priorities.
• Will develop and maintain the blueprint for our campaign setup (including naming conventions, feed structure) that will be used for global rollout.
• Provide thought leadership, strategic insight, and clear communication (written and verbal) to team members on the strategy
• Manage the Paid Social team, currently consisting of 1 paid social specialist
• Decide how to best spend our annual paid social budget, and be accountable to deliver the ambitious revenue target for the paid social channel
• Build and optimize campaigns in the paid social channel across the full marketing funnel on platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Snapchat (brand/prospecting/performance)
• Analyze results on a daily basis and optimize your campaigns based on set KPI’s
• Support local initiatives and tests, in close collaboration with local marketing teams
• Test the latest advertising possibilities (alpha’s beta’s) and ensure G-Star is an early adopter.
• Work closely with both internal stakeholders (Ecom, BI, UX, Creative and Regional teams) and external stakeholders (Facebook, agencies etc.)
What you bring to the table:
• A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
• A minimum of 5 years hands-on experience in efficiently managing paid social campaigns across the full digital marketing funnel and experience in working with large budgets across multiple countries
• You are tech savvy and have experience with social advertising tooling, data feed management and scripts.
• Experience in leading/ managing others is a plus
• You know how to represent your channel and have a drive to continuously seek for opportunities to improve channel performance that enables further scaling
• Deep understanding of Facebook Business Manager and Google Analytics
• Experience in working in cross functional teams and multi-regional teams
• It’s a plus if you have agency experience – you have either worked at or with an digital marketing agency
• You have great written and verbal communication skills in English. An additional language (German, French) is a plus
• Relevant experience in Fashion and/or Retail industry
G-Star Skill Set:
• You have a data driven mindset and strong analytical skills
• You have a hands-on mentality
• You are a team player with excellent communication skills. You are organized, detailed-oriented and able to manage multiple projects at one time
• You are able to learn quickly and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. You know how to set priorities and turn challenges into a solution.
• You have a rock solid believe in the added value that paid social media can bring to the G-Star full marketing funnel
• Have an intrinsic curiosity to stay up to date on the latest digital marketing and social media developments
What does G-Star bring to the table:
Beyond a competitive salary, working at G-Star brings many other perks and exciting opportunities: an awesome and diverse team that collaborates to change the game; a work environment that offers room for fun, inspiration and innovation; a clothing budget; a healthy, fresh and delicious lunch and even discounts in various fitness clubs and last but not least, a discount on a new bicycle.
What will happen next:
• We will thoroughly review your application.
• We have an international community at G-Star, so please apply in English.