Denim. It’s our passion. It’s in our blood.
But we are not just another denim brand.
At G-Star, we are obsessed with denim. Together we push to invent, explore and take craftsmanship to another level. Down to the smallest detail and with a strong belief that there is no limit to what denim can do.
To achieve this, we are always looking for hardcore thinkers and do-ers , who want to join us in creating the future of premium and purposeful denim.
Are you up for the challenge?
Are you the perfect fit for our team?
Are you a bit of a rebellious spirit?
Then we would love to hear from you!
Here’s what we’ll do together:
As the Loss Prevention Specialist the main goal is to protect company assets by implementing and monitoring that loss prevention policies and procedures are effectively working across our Retail Channels. This is achieved through, but not limited to, stock loss analysis and investigation, monitoring and reacting to loss reports and fraud indications, and monitoring store operations like cash and inventory management, asset protection and transaction integrity processes.
Within the Retail team you’ll be reporting to the Retail Director Europe and have a direct line to the Global Manager Risk Management. You will be working in close cooperation with the Regional Retail Teams and Risk Management Team to prevent and detect operational losses that impact the business negatively.
Your tasks & responsibilities:
Loss Prevention Policies & Procedures
- Ensure that Loss Prevention Policies and Procedures are effectively implemented in all stores across Europe;
- Signal and resolve loss prevention issues in coordination with store operations, risk management and other departments when needed
- Leads Loss Prevention projects across Europe to ensure the effective implementation of LP policies and procedures;
- Design and manage loss prevention awareness training within the Retail Organization;
Stock Loss analysis and monitoring
- Set up and manage stock loss reporting and monitoring systems within retail & consignment channels;
- Conduct preliminary analysis and subsequent investigation of stock losses through RFID and stock data monitoring;
- Timely provide Risk Management with periodic stock loss reports and dashboards;
- Effectively use resources for data analytics, CCTV and other surveillance, for purposes of loss analysis and fraud investigations;
- Monitor, analyze and react in a timely manner to all Loss Prevention incidents or indications within the Business;
- Timely signal all fraud investigations to the Risk Management Team and partner up to detect and manage fraud effectively
Here’s what you bring to the table:
- HBO Bachelor’s degree;
- Two to five years of relevant full-time work experience in retail;
- Must be detailed oriented with strong analytical and written communication skills;
- Must be fluent in English, proficiency in other languages is a pre (France, German, Spanish)
- Skilled in data mining, reporting software (like Power BI) and MS Office Excel;
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize to meet deadlines and targets;
- Ability to work with discretion and professionalism and to maintain confidentiality at all times;
- Flexible approach with the willingness to travel abroad at short notice when required;
G-STAR Skill Set
- Analytical skills
- Customer and solution oriented
- Strong communications skills
- High level of integrity
- Willingness and ability to learn new processes and systems
Here’s what we bring to the table:
Beyond a competitive salary, working at G-Star brings many other perks and exciting opportunities: an awesome and diverse team that collaborates to change the game; a work environment that offers room for fun, inspiration and innovation; a clothing budget; a healthy, fresh and delicious lunch and even discounts in various fitness clubs and last but not least, a discount on a new bicycle.
What will happen next:
- We will thoroughly review your CV.
- We have a large expat community at G-Star, so please apply in English.
- When we hopefully find what we are looking for, we will get in touch and see if it’s a good fit, then we’ll plan our first interview.
- Because we’re very curious how you’d survive a mission impossible, we ask you to prepare a real-life business case in a follow-up interview.
- Having an agile mindset is very important at G-Star, therefore we ask you to participate in an (online) Learning Agility Assessment.
- When we’re ready to commit to each other, we’ll finalize the terms we’ve discussed and we’ll explain to you how to order your first pair of jeans from the G-Star employee store. Good luck!