Denim. It’s our passion. It’s in our blood.
But we are not just another denim brand.
At G-Star, we are obsessed with denim. Together we push to invent, explore and take craftsmanship to another level. Down to the smallest detail and with a strong belief that there is no limit to what denim can do. To achieve this, we are always looking for hardcore thinkers and do-ers, who want to join us in creating the future of premium and purposeful denim.
Are you up for the challenge?
Are you the perfect fit for our team?
Are you a bit of a rebellious spirit?
Then we would love to hear from you!
Here’s what we’ll do together:
The Marketing Procurement Coordinator is the central point of contact with the marketing department for all things related to procurement and marketing buying.
You are supporting all the marketing teams with timely raising purchase orders in the Procurement System, following up on PO’s that have been outstanding for a long time and ensuring that services & goods have been received and invoiced correctly. You are fully up to speed on the marketing calendar and all the running campaigns, making sure that in the budgets and actual spend files are analyzed and variances are explained in close collaboration with the OPEX controller within the finance team.
Next to the overall PO management, you are also the first point of contact for all marketing POS suppliers. You are responsible for the POS planning, buying and development. You will manage the briefings and order forms, following the marketing calendar. You will provide technical support to the team and make recommendations based on cost target, deadlines, quality/aesthetic needs, technical requirements and manufacturing processes following brand guidelines. You support potential new suppliers’ integration in order for them to clearly understand our processes, the expected quality and to have competitive prices.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• You are responsible for placing purchase orders into the procurement system on a timely basis
• If event follow up is needed you don’t hesitate to contact vendors directly ensuring PO’s do not remain open for a long period of time.
• Should a pre-payment be required then you ensure that sufficient safeguards are in place that services will rendered or goods will be delivered and invoices will be received.
• You are dealing with substantial budgets and understand the consequence of creating a commitment to third parties
• Set up budget tracker file that will be continuously updated by the marketing budget owners
• On monthly basis you are analyzing the marketing spend together with the marketing budget owners and the OPEX controller to ensure budgets and actual spend are in line and potential variances are explained.
• You are the main contact for marketing POS suppliers
• Following the briefings, you formalize order forms for the pre-selected suppliers and work closely to the studio on the different deliverables.
• You make sure all is delivered in a timely manner and follow up accordingly with all stakeholders.
• You provide technical support to the team and make recommendations based on cost target, quality/aesthetic needs, and technical requirements and manufacturing processes following brand requirements
What you bring to the table:
• MBO/HBO’s degree;
• Two to five years of relevant full-time work experience in retail or marketing preferably within procurement / buying;
• Good understanding of retail / wholesale environment and printing/producing processes
• Must be detailed oriented with strong analytical and written communication skills;
• Must be fluent in English, proficiency in other languages is a pre (France, German, Spanish)
• Skilled in working with procurement systems (e.g. Ariba) and MS Office Excel;
• Ability to bring initiative and anticipation in the guidance of the projects
• Proactive, organized and detail oriented.
• Ability to work under pressure and prioritize to meet deadlines and targets;
• Ability to work with discretion and professionalism and to maintain confidentiality at all times;
• Flexible approach with the willingness to travel abroad at short notice when required;
What does G-Star bring to the table:
Beyond a competitive salary, working at G-Star brings many other perks and exciting opportunities: an awesome and diverse team that collaborates to change the game; a work environment that offers room for fun, inspiration and innovation; a clothing budget; a healthy lunch, and last but not least, a discount on a new bicycle.
What will happen next:
• We will thoroughly review your CV.
• We have a large expat community at G-Star, so please apply in English.
• When we hopefully find what we are looking for, we will call you for a chat and if it’s a good fit, we’ll plan our first interview.
• Because we’re very curious how you’d survive a mission impossible, we ask you to prepare a real-life business case in a follow-up interview.
• Having an agile mindset is very important at G-Star, therefore we ask you to participate in an (online) Learning Agility Assessment.
• When we’re ready to commit to each other, we’ll finalize the terms we’ve discussed and we’ll explain to you how to order your first pair of jeans from the G-Star employee store. Good luck!