G-Star strives to be the most hardcore denim brand in the world.
To achieve this, we are looking for hardcore thinkers and do-ers, who dare to create the future of premium and purposeful denim with us.
We are looking for people with big dreams, while keeping their feet on the ground. Those who are not afraid to push the limits, because we believe there are no limits in what denim can do.
Are you up for the challenge?
Are you the perfect fit for our team?
Are you a bit of a rebellious spirit?
Then we would love to hear from you!
G-Star is currently looking for a Merchandise Planner Online strategic accounts. The role will be based at the G-Star HQ in Amsterdam and will report directly to merchandise planning manager.
Duties & responsibilities:
• Understand the customer needs from our strategic accounts and uses this information to make considered commercial decisions on product level that positively impacts the profitability and reduces discounts in combination with other channels by working closely together with our wholesale team, global merchandising, allocation team and marketing team
• Be a reliable business partner for our online strategic accounts. Actively manage and execute pre-season planning and trade in-season performance in close cooperation with our partners
• Translates the overall merchandising strategy to assortment strategy to determine the right product mix for our strategic accounts, hereby focusing and analyzing on the right width vs breadth of the collection, maintain a close eye on the product mix and developing specialized collections and exclusives.
• Cater and leverage the assortment strategy to positively impact the profitability between our wholesale and partner program assortments
• Monitors the critical path (time to get online) for each phase in conjunction with the E-commerce trading team, our marketing team and global merchandise and allocation team for our partner program assortment
• Monitors the on-time delivery performance, ensuring that deadlines are met and potential problems are identified at line level. Clearly communicating to management impact on launch position.
• Monitors and analyses returns to identify any risks on profit in close cooperation with our E-commerce commercial team
• Constantly review performance to identify and potentialize emerging trends to avoid missed opportunities, closely cooperating with our strategic accounts, and contributing to our weekly trading meetings
• Forecast on monthly level on relevant KPI’s such as sales and stock creating alignment with our strategic accounts and our internal commercial teams
• Responsible for line forecasting for our NOOS assortment for our accounts to fulfil demand & reduce no sales
• Responsible for planning promotional activities on line level to support maximum sell out in close alignment with our marketing team to ensure our promotional activities will receive maximum exposure on the platforms of our online strategic accounts.
What you bring to the table:
• Excellent skills in Excel (reporting and handling big data amounts, executing pivots and other analysis)
• Excellent Tableau skills
• Excellent E-commerce math and analytical skills with a strong link to translate to product
• Strong communication and presentation skills, written and verbal in English, plus in Dutch
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
• Experience working with senior leadership, possesses excellent interpersonal and communication skills to build strong relationships across the business
• Experience working with online accounts (account management)
• Shows innovation by challenging existing processes and practices to drive the business forward
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.)
• A minimum of 3-5 experience working as a merchandise planner in an E-commerce environment, with a specific focus on account management
What does G-Star bring to the table:
Beyond a competitive salary, working at G-Star brings many other perks and exciting opportunities: an awesome and diverse team that collaborates to change the game; a work environment that offers room for fun, inspiration and innovation; a clothing budget; a healthy, fresh and delicious lunch and even discounts in various fitness clubs and last but not least, a discount on a new bicycle.
What will happen next:
• We will thoroughly review your CV.
• We have a large expat community at G-Star, so please apply in English.
• When we hopefully find what we are looking for, we will call you for a chat and if it’s a good fit, we’ll plan our first interview.
• Because we’re very curious how you’d survive a mission impossible, we ask you to prepare a real-life business case in a follow-up interview.
• Having an agile mindset is very important at G-Star, therefore we ask you to participate in an (online) Learning Agility Assessment.
• When we’re ready to commit to each other, we’ll finalize the terms we’ve discussed and we’ll explain to you how to order your first pair of jeans from the G-Star employee store. Good luck.