Here’s what we’ll do together:
Is your passion for denim, assortment planning and analytics as high as ours? As Merchandise Planner within G-Star we will expect you to have all the answers when it comes to the numbers!
Just imagine –
As our new Merchandise Planner & Sourcing Manager, you’ll be in charge of the creation of retail budgets, proposals and the order creation for our Own & Operate retail stores (Monobrand, eComm & Outlet). In addition you will develop a ‘gap line plan’ of products and categories we miss within our range. Thereafter we will develop, source, produce and deliver this product into the Australian market as per the market requirements in parallel to the range developed by our Amsterdam Head office.
You will be the analytical counterpart of the buying team, providing them with assortment information, store performance updates, and in-season management tools. You will also work in close co-operation with the allocators, and provide our management with reports on retail business performance.
This is a great next step in your career if you have already gained considerable experience on the job in another retail company. You can expect a steep learning curve, an ever-changing environment and a pivotal role within a leading global retail company. You’re going to help with the financial planning across all of our retail channels. You will develop assortment plans using retail insights and historical data and help with building and managing line plans for collection creation. You are the go-to person for analytical support within the retail department and therefore will report into the management on our performance.
What you bring to the table:
• You’re all about the numbers, but you have our sales and consumers top of mind
• With your amazing reporting skills and strong personality, you know how to sell and how to be persuasive
• Microsoft Excel has no secrets left for you
• Fashion? You live and breathe it.
• Add a Bachelor/Master in Business, Strategy or Economics and four years of relevant Merchandise Planner experience in Fashion Retail and you’ve got our full attention.
• Are you also self-confident, organized, proactive with strong analytical and presentation skills? We’re heart-eyed.
Finally, do you have a strong personality and excellent verbal and written communication skills in English? We’d love to meet you!
What we bring to the table:
Beyond a competitive salary, working at G-Star brings many other perks and exciting opportunities: an awesome and diverse team that collaborates to change the game; a work environment that offers room for fun, inspiration and innovation; a clothing budget so generous that we challenge you to spend it all; a healthy, fresh and delicious lunch and even discounts in various fitness clubs and last but not least, a discount on a new bicycle.
What will happen next:
• We will thoroughly review your CV.
• We have a large expat community at G-Star, so please apply in English.
• When we hopefully find what we are looking for, we will call you for a chat and if it’s a good fit, we’ll plan our first interview.
• Because we’re very curious how you’d survive a mission impossible, we ask you to prepare a real-life business case in a follow-up interview.
• When we’re ready to commit to each other, we’ll finalize the terms we’ve discussed and we’ll explain to you how to order your first pair of jeans from the G-Star employee store. Good luck.