Working as merchandise planner with G-Star means we will expect you to have all the answers when it comes to the numbers! You are responsible for the creation of retail budgets, proposals and the order creation for our Own & Operate retail stores. You will be the analytical counterpart of the buying team, providing them with assortment information, store performance updates, and in-season management tools. You will also work in close co-operation with the allocators, and provide our management with reports on retail business performance.
This role is an interesting next step if you have gained considerable experience on the job in another retail company or a great start for a highly analytical university graduate in business or economics. Either way, you can expect a steep learning curve, an ever-changing environment and a pivotal role within a leading global retail company.
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Financial Planning across Retail Channels (Multi, Mono, Online, etc.)
• Developing assortment plans using historical data and retail insights
• Helping build and manage line plans for collection creation – input for the designers, product developers and merchandisers
• Providing analytical support to the entire retail department and reporting into management on performance
• Master degree in Business, Strategy or Economics or ample relevant work experience
• Experience with planning or allocation in fashion retail
• You love numbers and data analysis and are great at Excel
• Fluent in English, preferably also Dutch
• Residing in the Netherlands