Direct reporting line: Retail Director Southern Europe
As we are developing our retail activity in the Southern Europe Region, we are opening a permanent position of Buyer, Full-time based in our Paris Office
As local expert, you will be in charge of the Southern Europe region. You will perform your activity across various sales channels (monobrand, owned operated and outlet).
You will be responsible for the buying of products for our stores. You will also initiate a buying strategy reflecting the needs and budget for the area.
In addition, you will help with:
• Planning – identifying and analysing consumer trends and patterns
• Analysing the results of research, and using the data to predict future results.
• Filling line plan format
• Creating budget and doing all buying for the stores, according to sales trends and forecasts, but also marketing and promotional operations in the stores
• Identifying logistical problems timely and find the solution quickly by working closely with other departments (e.g. Retail coordinator, IT, and Logistics)
• Driving weekly trading actions by setting clear agenda’s and follow-up on execution.
• Maintaining a close relationship with retail management, Allocator, HQ and the stores
• Functioning as the main point of contact for all buying and planning issues for both local retail department and HQ
• You have a relevant Bachelor/Master degree, and minimum 7 years of relevant experience as Buyer or Merchandiser position in Retail.
• Knowledge of sales practices and supply chain in retail fashion industry
• Solid understanding of optimizing stock turn, increasing sell through and reallocating stock
• Good communication skills (ability to collect and share feedback and implement an action plan involving relevant stakeholders)
• Coordinating and project experience.
• Self-confident, creative, organized, proactive with strong analytical skills.
• Microsoft Excel has no secrets left for you
• Fluent French/ English, Spanish is a plus.