Here’s what we’ll do together:
G-Star strives to be the most hardcore denim brand in the world. To achieve this, we are looking for hardcore thinkers and do-ers, who dare to create the future of premium and purposeful denim with us. We are looking for people with big dreams, while keeping their feet on the ground. Those who are not afraid to push the limits. Because we believe there are no limits in what denim can do. Are you up for the challenge and the perfect fit for our team?
Just imagine –
As our new Operational Risk Manager, based in our headquarters in Amsterdam, you will be responsible for:
Risk Identification & Assessment:
• Supporting process and control owners to understand risks within operational, financial reporting, fraud, and business continuity and assist them in determining optimal controls to mitigate risks.
• Contribute to the design, implementation and continuous enhancement of Risk Management processes, methodologies, policies, procedures, templates and framework.
• Providing risk training to improve the risk awareness.
Control Assessments & Monitoring:
• Developing and maintain the key risk and control register.
• Supporting the coordination of External Audit efforts with the business.
• Conducting control assessments and review the design and effectiveness of the key controls.
• Communicating and agree on control objectives with stakeholders to determine optimal and scalable solutions to mitigate relevant risks.
• Obtainig stakeholder commitment for implementing the required changes.
• Escalating any challenges to meeting external audit requirements in a timely manner.
• Monitoring the effectiveness of the key controls and reports findings in an accurate and timely way.
Risk & Control Reporting
• Timely reporting and escalate high risks to relevant stakeholders.
• Preparing risk reporting and discuss the results with the business.
• Contributing in setting up structural risk reporting for the Board of Directors.
What you bring to the table:
• Fluent in English. Dutch is a big plus.
• Relevant WO Master’s degree.
• 3-5 years of demonstrable work experience with risk management / auditing / internal control.
• Auditing or operational risk background (client-side experience in addition to consultancy experience is preferred).
• Must be detailed oriented with strong analytical and written communication skills.
• Skilled in data analysis and MS Office Excel.
• Ability to work under pressure and prioritize to meet deadlines and targets.
• Enthusiastic, self-starting and enjoys change.
What does G-Star bring to the table:
Beyond a competitive salary, working at G-Star brings many other perks and exciting opportunities: an awesome and diverse team that collaborates to change the game; a work environment that offers room for fun, inspiration and innovation; a clothing budget; a healthy, fresh and delicious lunch and even discounts in various fitness clubs and last but not least, a discount on a new bicycle.
What will happen next:
• We will thoroughly review your application.
• We have an international community at G-Star, so please apply in English.