Just imagine – Sending e-commerce parcels to 50 countries with a dozen different final mile carriers. Even further localizing the final mile delivery companies we use. Improving our store deliveries. Extending our ship from store capabilities to more countries. Keeping up with the requirements that customers like Zalando, Amazon, El Corte Ingles are putting forward for delivery.
As Operational Transport Manager you are responsible for all outbound and return transportation from and within Europe. With your 3 team members, you will ensure that customer needs are met in a safe and efficient way. You will be part of the Logistics department, and report to the Logistics Manager Europe.
Our Logistics department makes sure that our products, which are produced worldwide, are delivered to over 6,000 points of sale in 80 countries. From our European Distribution Center in the port of Amsterdam, we ship each day several thousand orders within and outside Europe. We have two state-of-the-art warehouses, with a total space of approximately 60,000 m2. Within these warehouses, we receive air and sea shipments from our manufacturers, cross-dock customer orders packed at our Asian hubs, store inventory for wholesale, retail, and e-commerce operations, pick and pack for delivery, and process returned goods.
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Managing the transport operations of goods (1) between EDC and its customers, (2) between stores and e-commerce customers, and (3) between stores. Both the outbound and return flows.
• Leading the shipping team (3 fte) and coaching, motivating, and developing its team members.
• Managing daily operations of our delivery networks with over 10 carriers. Ensuring that capacity plans and pickup schedules are provided and agreed upon in a timely manner with our carriers (forecasts, pre-notifications, bookings, etc.).
• Planning and organizing transportation for our monthly in-shop launches and large e-commerce promotions, such as Black Friday/Cyber Monday and our seasonal SALE.
• Contributing in implementing new carriers and delivery services as we are in the process of changing to domestic parcel networks, and connecting to dropship programs and marketplaces (e.g. Zalando Partner).
• Supporting Sales, Retail Allocation, E-commerce Operations, and other teams with questions on deliveries and returns.
• Monitoring, reviewing and following up on carrier’s performances. Organizing and preparing for structural business reviews with carriers.
• Being first point of contact within logistics for additional delivery requirements and VAS requirements of customers.
• Recognizing and acting on opportunities for cost savings (through adjustments in transport modes, delivery frequency, etc.). Analyzing and advising on transport costs per lane.
• Ensuring a proper transport administration (waybills, PODs, etc.), resolving queries, issues, and claims in the transportation processes, and auditing of carrier invoices.
• Driving and supporting continuous improvement; pro-actively identifying improvement opportunities in warehouse and transportation processes, and ensuring that improvement actions are implemented and followed.
• Minimum bachelor level education or equivalent required, preferably in the field of Logistics or Supply Chain operations.
• 3+ years of experience in Logistics, Distribution, and/or Transportation
• Demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate in an international environment
• Leadership experience (motivating, influencing, delegating)
• Prior experience with parcel delivery companies like UPS and DHL is a plus
• Well-developed analytical, quantitative, and problem solving skills
• Excellent control of Excel and business systems such as SAP
• Working proficiency in both Dutch and English