Here’s what we’ll do together:
Is your passion for denim, assortment planning and analytics as high as ours? As Planner within G-Star we will expect you to have all the answers when it comes to the numbers!
Just imagine –
As our new Planner, you’ll be in charge of the Planning and Allocation process. You’ll execute planning and distribution strategies to deliver sales and gross margin through strategic assortments plans, and dynamic allocation execution.
You’re going to be responsible for:
• maximizing stock productivity through ensuring the correct balance of inventory in the stores at all times
• running & publishing various weekly & ad hoc Merchandise Planning reports.
• monitoring sales and control the stock levels within the region;
• analyzing performance using standardized Merchandise Planning reports
• reviewing future plans based on historical performance and knowledge of future business conditions
• identifying risks and/or opportunities by product and Region
• preparing hindsight analysis and collaborate with Merchandise Planning counterpart at key fiscal points (e.g. events/holidays and quarterly)
• proposing recommendations in order to capitalize on opportunities and/or reduce risk for next year Work with cross-functional teams to implement Store strategies and address callouts and errors
What you bring to the table:
• Experience with managing multiple categories within all genders
• Proven ability to create and execute a sound business strategy
• Strong retail math acumen, including elements of markup, margin planning, open to buy, inventory productivity measures
• Ability to build / maintain strong external and internal partnerships
• Experience working independently and navigating a complex and matrixed business environment with multiple stakeholders
• Fashion? You live and breathe it.
• Add a relevant University/College degree and a minimum of 2-4 years extensive retail merchant experience with a Associate level responsibility and you’ve got our full attention.
• Are you also solution oriented, analytical, strong in Excel and do you have good leadership skills? We’re heart-eyed.
Finally, are you a strong relationship and team builder with strong organizational and multi-tasking skills? We’d love to meet you!
What we bring to the table:
Beyond a competitive salary, working at G-Star brings many other perks and exciting opportunities: an awesome and diverse team that collaborates to change the game; a work environment that offers room for fun, inspiration and innovation; challenging work in an international cooperation with our Amsterdam HQ and a clothing budget.
What will happen next:
• We will thoroughly review your CV.
• When we hopefully find what we are looking for, we will call you for a chat and if it’s a good fit, we’ll plan our first interview.
• Because we’re very curious how you’d survive a mission impossible, we ask you to prepare a real-life business case in a follow-up interview.
• When we’re ready to commit to each other, we’ll finalize the terms we’ve discussed and we’ll explain to you how to order your first pair of jeans from the G-Star employee store. Good luck.