G-Star strives to be the most hardcore denim brand in the world.
To achieve this, we are looking for hardcore thinkers and do-ers, who dare to create the future of premium and purposeful denim with us.
We are looking for people with big dreams, while keeping their feet on the ground. Those who are not afraid to push the limits, because we believe there are no limits in what denim can do.
Are you up for the challenge?
Are you the perfect fit for our team?
Are you a bit of a rebellious spirit?
G-Star Raw has business and operations worldwide which require tight control of the purchasing process.
The procurement controller will ensure that all purchasing processes are executed properly and will review them financially. This will require the procurement controller to cooperate and liaise with the sourcing department (procurement of garments), the head of procurement (purchasing non-garments), the accounting department and the controlling department.
The procurement controller will report directly to the Head of Global Procurement (finance department) and will operate on a daily basis in close cooperation with the Director Accounting and the Director Sourcing.
Roles and responsibilities
The role is divided in three main areas:
1) OPEX related
• Monitor Purchase Orders that are being drafted and issued
• Challenge purchase request(or)s
• Decide on when to involve or consult the procurement team
• Key user role for SAP Ariba including user management and first level support
• Provide user training SAP Ariba
2) Goods Garments related
• Expert / key user role for the procurement process, including payment.
• Monitor Supply chain Finance program
• Evaluate differences regardeelking quantities delivered and invoiced prices versus PO
• Prepare claims to vendors to settle financial impact of these differences
• Monitor the alignment between vendor portal, SAP & supplier chain finance
• Liaise with procurement team to assess financial impact and claims to vendors
3) Monitoring of contract database
• Maintain contract database for OPEX related spend
• Monitor and proactively flag renewal dates of contracts
• Liaise with head of procurement on contract negotiation strategy
• Maintain Purchase Orders for the running / recurring contracts
• Ability to translate relevant business concepts to efficient system driven processes
• Thinks in terms of processes
• Well developed interpersonal skills; ability to connect with a great number of people in our organisation
• Doesn’t give up until the result has been reached
• Financial background
• Fluency in English; Dutch is a plus as is a third language
• Master’s/Bachelor’s degree in business economics or equivalent experience
What does G-Star bring to the table:
Beyond a competitive salary, working at G-Star brings many other perks and exciting opportunities: an awesome and diverse team that collaborates to change the game; a work environment that offers room for fun, inspiration and innovation; a clothing budget; a healthy, and last but not least, a discount on a new bicycle.
What will happen next:
• We will thoroughly review your CV.
• We have a large expat community at G-Star, so please apply in English.
• When we hopefully find what we are looking for, we will call you for a chat and if it’s a good fit, we’ll plan our first interview.
• Because we’re very curious how you’d survive a mission impossible, we ask you to prepare a real-life business case in a follow-up interview.
• Having an agile mindset is very important at G-Star, therefore we ask you to participate in an (online) Learning Agility Assessment.
• When we’re ready to commit to each other, we’ll finalize the terms we’ve discussed and we’ll explain to you how to order your first pair of jeans from the G-Star employee store. Good luck.