Here’s what we’ll do together:
Is your passion for quality, sustainability, details and fashion as high as ours? Our Product development department is looking for a Product Developer who knows what’s happening in the industry and is familiar with the latest trends and developments.
Just imagine –
As our new Product Developer, you have a challenging position in a creative environment at one of the world’s most innovative companies, where you will share responsibility for transforming creative designs into high quality end products.
You’re already a technical expert with great taste in respect to design and creation – a process in which you are closely involved every step of the way. You’re going to examine and assess all facets relevant to the product being developed and propose technical solutions as called for. You relate and communicate constructively with your counterpart at the local production site, making sure they understand the product and are suitably instructed, thus guaranteeing flawless product development. You keep the PLM system updated and support Data and Pricing Department in all information needs. You are also responsible for quality compliance and the timely completion of sample and production books. Working together with Styling and Sales, you safeguard the unique G-Star look & feel.
What you bring to the table:
• Solid understanding of technical pricing build-up to be able to successfully start up price negotiations.
• Knowledge of fabrics and product construction.
• Technical knowledge of size specs and fitting
• Are you pro-active and able to perform under pressure?
• Deadlines? Bring it on.
• Fashion (innovation)? You live and breathe it.
• Add a Bachelor/Master degree in Fashion Design / Management / Merchandising and around 2-3 years of relevant experience as a Product Developer and you’ve got our full attention.
• Are you also organized with strong creative and presentation skills? We’re heart-eyed.
• When applicable, you are willing to travel abroad in order to manage on site product development.
Finally, do you have a strong personality and excellent verbal and written communication skills in English? We’d love to meet you!
What we bring to the table:
Beyond a competitive salary, working at G-Star brings many other perks and exciting opportunities: an awesome and diverse team that collaborates to change the game; a work environment that offers room for fun, inspiration and innovation; a clothing budget so generous that we challenge you to spend it all; a healthy, fresh and delicious lunch and even discounts in various fitness clubs and last but not least, a new bicycle.
What will happen next:
• We will thoroughly review your CV.
• We have a large expat community at G-Star, so please apply in English.
• When we hopefully find what we are looking for, we will call you for a chat and if it’s a good fit, we’ll plan our first interview.
• Because we’re very curious how you’d survive a mission impossible, we ask you to prepare a real-life business case in a follow-up interview.
• When we’re ready to commit to each other, we’ll finalize the terms we’ve discussed and we’ll explain to you how to order your first pair of jeans from the G-Star employee store. Good luck.