G-Star strives to be the most hardcore denim brand in the world. To achieve this, we are looking for hardcore thinkers and do-ers, who dare to create the future of premium and purposeful denim with us.
We are looking for people with big dreams, while keeping their feet on the ground. Those who are not afraid to push the limits, because we believe there are no limits in what denim can do.
Are you up for the challenge?
Are you the perfect fit for our team?
Are you a bit of a rebellious spirit?
Then we would love to hear from you!
The Product Owner CDP is responsible for optimizing the value and use of the CDP by defining and prioritizing the features and functionality of all elements of the Customer Data Platform (CDP), including the roadmap. You also act as a liaison between the Digital business team, the Online marketing and CRM teams, and the technical development team ensuring all requirements and views are represented in delivering the final CDP product. This scope of interaction encompasses all elements of the Digital platform, including the website, content, imagery, navigation, customer journey, customer experience, creative, back office tooling and third party plug-ins.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Work with the Digital team, Marketing team and wider business to define and agree the features and functionality required for expanding and optimizing the Customer Experience by all elements of the CDP platform.
• To clearly communicate all aspects of the Product development on an ongoing basis to all stakeholders
• To document the features and functionality in a standard way in the Product Backlog, using an Agile toolset such as Jira and to work with Business Analyst in detailing the relevant Epics and Stories
• Conduct the backlog grooming process with the Business Analyst, Scrum Master and other Product Owners, as well as the key members of the development team
• Provide a clear prioritization of the delivery of the feature map and assist with their sizing and clarification, involving the relevant members of the Digital project team, Digital business team, Programme Office, Marketing team and wider business where relevant.
• Provide a clear description of product features for easy comprehension by the development teams
• Where relevant, provide clear deadlines for the product development and work with the Project team, the Release Manager and Test Manager to define the release dates for the product features
• Attend daily stand-ups and work with the Project and Business teams to ensure that any blockers are owned and cleared providing any relevant escalations path for resolution
• Provide regular feedback to all stakeholders on the backlog and sprint achievements, communicating progress
• Provide industry insight, innovation and relevant expertise to ensure the CDP product is developed with best practice whilst optimizing the brand and customer experience
• To own and communicate the product roadmap, including the core CDP platform, in house systems (where relevant) and third party tools.
• Testing of newly delivered stories and ensure they deliver the required outcome
• Assess and report the effectiveness of new features through the use of analytics and reporting, as well as understanding the optimization of efficiency gains from any back-office enhancements
What are the minimum requirements & qualifications of the candidate to successfully perform the job?
• Degree with focus on Business Administration, Communication or IT or related areas, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• 5+ years of experience working in a Digital and/or eCommerce environment
• 3+ years working as a Product Owner or product management related role, preferably in an agile working setup
• Solid knowledge of the Agile development process and tools
• Good working knowledge of systems and business requirements process
• Experience of working as a Product Owner, Product Manager or Senior Business Analyst on large scale CDP platforms such as SFMC, Exponea, or similar
• Experience with other third party tools such as Amplience, BazaarVoice, CRM tools, campaign management, Order management, Content Management, PIM, Google Analytics and other similar applications.
• Proven experience of working within business transformation projects within complex technical and cultural environments
• Highly experienced in communicating complex requirements to business leaders
• Experience of working with large scale, high volume, real-time customer centric applications and digital infrastructure
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels, both technical and non-technical
• Experience of evaluating and managing third parties
• A strong passion for, and experience of working within omni-channel retail, preferably fashion, shoes or general apparel.
What we bring to the table:
Beyond a competitive salary, working at G-Star brings many other perks and exciting opportunities: an awesome and diverse team that collaborates to change the game; a work environment that offers room for fun, inspiration and innovation; a clothing budget; a healthy, fresh and delicious lunch and even discounts in various fitness clubs and last but not least, a discount on a new bicycle.
What will happen next:
• We will thoroughly review your CV (English is our corporate language, so please apply in English)
• When we hopefully find what we are looking for, we will call you for a chat and if it’s a good fit, we’ll plan our first interview
• Because we’re very curious how you’d survive a mission impossible, we ask you to prepare a real-life business case in a follow-up interview
• Having an agile mindset is very important at G-Star, therefore we ask you to participate in an (online) Learning Agility Assessment.
• When we’re ready to commit to each other, we’ll finalize the terms we’ve discussed and we’ll explain to you how to order your first pair of jeans from the G-Star employee store. Good luck!