Just imagine –
As our new Retail Marketing Manager, you’ll be in charge of developing the retail marketing function in Australia and New Zealand.
The Retail Marketing Manager Australia and New Zealand will be responsible for all retail marketing-related communication and activations in physical points of sale in the region. This role reports into the General Manager of the region and supports the Head of E-commerce, the Head of Retail, and the Head of Sales in their retail marketing needs.
Toward the end of 2018, G-Star Australia took over the management of the G-Star RAW Stores in the region from a franchise partner. During this time, a retail team has been formed to support the operation, but a stronger focus on retail marketing has been identified to further the growth of the business. Improvements required include in-store communication, making use of store marketing activations, cooperating with the shopping centres, installing street marketing activations, further rollout CRM activities and the loyalty program – all to make sure we serve our current consumer, and attract a new consumer through seasonal campaign activations and events.
G-Star.com is a fast-growing business for the brand and there is a lot of opportunity to align online and offline communication. This will enhance the power of our current online communication to drive consumers to our physical stores and vice versa.
Focus on retail marketing is also needed in our wholesale business. At this moment, we need to improve the sell-in strategy or marketing packages that are offered to our customers and we would like to increase our focus on activations, pop ups, displays or other POS materials. Strengthening our partnership with our key accounts will also further grow distribution in the region. A pro-active and professional approach to cooperate with our customers is highly regarded.
You’re already a retail marketing expert and will assist with…
• Developing and executing a local Retail Marketing strategy & plans for our monobrand points of sale (producing seasonal POS materials, online communication packages for wholesale accounts, windows and instore, visual merchandising, activations, retail marketing calendar, loyalty program and activities, local store marketing strategy, community communication)
• Developing and executing a local Trade Marketing strategy & plans; (customer segmentation and marketing packages, sell in event, sell in tools, presentations, roll out of activations, develop coop marketing programs, producing seasonal POS materials, online communication packages for wholesale accounts)
• Managing a locally relevant, integrated retail marketing calendar for both regions
This role reports into the General Manager Australia & New Zealand and has one direct report (Visual Merchandising Specialist).
What you bring to the table:
You will have a hands-on approach with exceptional problem solving and executional skills, along with:
• Tertiary qualified degree in Marketing/ Communications, and/ or similar field
• 7+ years’ experience working for a global (fashion) brand with experience in retail and trade marketing, online/offline experience, brand management
• Comfortable engaging and influencing at both your working level and external clients, to drive outcomes
• Capable of overseeing and managing different aspects of your role
• You are well connected within the AU/NZ landscape
• Growth mindset, open to learning curves, creative problem solving and change management are a must
• Proven ability to work autonomously, and as a motivated team player
• Ability to work to deadlines with simultaneous projects
What we bring to the table:
Beyond a competitive salary, working at G-Star brings many other perks and exciting opportunities: an awesome and diverse team that collaborates to change the game; a work environment that offers room for fun, inspiration and innovation and a clothing budget so generous that we challenge you to spend it all.
What will happen next:
• We will thoroughly review your CV.
• We have a large expat community at G-Star, so please apply in English.
• When we hopefully find what we are looking for, we will call you for a chat and if it’s a good fit, we’ll plan our first interview.
• Because we’re very curious how you’d survive a mission impossible, we ask you to prepare a real-life business case in a follow-up interview.
• When we’re ready to commit to each other, we’ll finalize the terms we’ve discussed and we’ll explain to you how to order your first pair of jeans from the G-Star employee store. Good luck.
Thank you for your interest in working with G-Star Australia. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.