Denim. It’s our passion. It’s in our blood.
But we are not just another denim brand.
At G-Star, we are obsessed with denim. Together we push to invent, explore and take craftsmanship to another level. Down to the smallest detail and with a strong belief that there is no limit to what denim can do. To achieve this, we are always looking for hardcore thinkers and do-ers, who want to join us in creating the future of premium and purposeful denim.
Are you up for the challenge?
Are you the perfect fit for our team?
Are you a bit of a rebellious spirit?
Then we would love to hear from you!
Here's what we'll do together:
As a Risk Officer the main goal is to help design and implement G-STAR’s risk & control framework and bring the internal control environment to a higher professional level. This is accomplished through, but not limited to, the identification, assessment, monitoring and reporting of operational, IT and financial reporting risks and key controls.
Within the Risk Management team you’ll be working in close cooperation with the business and (senior) management teams to develop and improve the internal control framework. You will be partly responsible for a few major strategic projects, like the implementation of a new GRC Tooling and the key control automation project for G-Star Global. You will be directly reporting to the Manager Risk Management.
Your tasks & responsibilities:
Risk identification & assessment
- Contribute to the design, implementation and continuous enhancement of Risk Management processes, methodologies, policies, procedures, templates and framework.
- Support process and control owners to understand risks within operational, IT, financial reporting, fraud, and business continuity and assist them in determining optimal controls to mitigate risks;
- Provide risk training to improve the risk awareness;
Control Assessments & Monitoring
- Develop and maintain the key risk and control register for G-Star Global;
- Help develop the automation of key controls and improve G-Star’s ITGC’s in key systems like SAP;
- Help implement and manage the new GRC Tooling for G-Star Global;
- Conduct control assessments and review the design and effectiveness of the key controls;
- Communicate and agree on control objectives with stakeholders to determine optimal and scalable solutions to mitigate relevant risks
- Obtain stakeholder commitment for implementing the required changes
- Escalate any challenges to meeting external audit requirements in a timely manner
- Monitors the effectiveness of the key controls and reports findings in an accurate and timely way;
Risk & Control Reporting
- Timely report and escalate high risks to relevant stakeholders;
- Prepare risk reporting and discuss the results with the business;
- Contribute in setting up structural risk reporting for the Board of Directors;
Here's what you bring to the table:
- WO Master’s degree;
- 3-5 years of demonstrable work experience with risk management / auditing / internal control;
- Auditing or operational risk background (client-side experience in addition to consultancy experience is preferred);
- Must be detailed oriented with strong analytical and written communication skills;
- Skilled in data analysis and MS Office Excel;
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize to meet deadlines and targets;
- Enthusiastic, self-starting and enjoys change;
- Fully comfortable working in English, both written and spoken;
What does G-Star bring to the table:
Beyond a competitive salary, working at G-Star brings many other perks and exciting opportunities: an awesome and diverse team that collaborates to change the game; a work environment that offers room for fun, inspiration and innovation; a clothing budget; a healthy lunch, and last but not least, a discount on a new bicycle.
What will happen next:
- We will thoroughly review your CV.
- We have a large expat community at G-Star, so please apply in English.
- When we hopefully find what we are looking for, we will get in touch and see if it’s a good fit, then we’ll plan our first interview.
- Because we’re very curious how you’d survive a mission impossible, we ask you to prepare a real-life business case in a follow-up interview.
- Having an agile mindset is very important at G-Star, therefore we ask you to participate in an (online) Learning Agility Assessment.
- When we’re ready to commit to each other, we’ll finalize the terms we’ve discussed and we’ll explain to you how to order your first pair of jeans from the G-Star employee store. Good luck!