Here’s what we’ll do together:
Is your passion for denim and merchandising as high as ours? Are you always one step ahead, do you instinctively know what works in fashion and can you make sure our collections reach optimum performance across all channels?
Just imagine –
As our new Senior Merchandiser, you will be in charge of making sure our G-Star assortment is on-brand and optimized for all global distribution channels.
You’re already a market expert when it comes to building collections that take into consideration global and regional needs. You are performance focused and will drive the assortment across all channels of distribution and build the brand equity whilst developing net sales. You are a strategic thinker who can keep an eye on the bigger picture whilst working on the job at hand.
• Deliver and develop a compelling product offer that is in line with style and SFC targets that has the right price positioning and is in line with the brand vision.
• Develop collections based on latest trend research and market performance information including inspirational research, competitor research, retail and wholesale performance information.
• Work closely with the Head of Merchandising to develop strategies to grow your area of the business.
• Be the link between regional markets and HQ to gather all global market information and translate into commercial collections.
• Deliver within collection development schedule, turnover budget & seasonal margin targets.
• Help present the collection to global regions at key periods during the development calendar.
• Compile and disseminate tools to the regions and sales teams to ensure they have all relevant information to sell the collection.
• Translate market demand and trend information to the design and development teams.
• Work closely with the regional planning and sales teams to ensure their needs are met.
• Think big. Always look for better ways of working to improve brand performance.
• Be a team player.
• Think and act as a brand ambassador.
We are looking for a Senior Merchandiser with relevant experience and who is ready for a next step. You will do well with us if you think fast, act fast, and thrive in an environment where every day is different
What you bring to the table:
• You have relevant experience in working in a merchandising function in a fashion company. Your experience is within Denim, preferably Women’s.
• You have experience with collaborating with Design and Product Development in making sure the right products reaches the right customers at the right price at the right time.
• With your positive can-do attitude you’re able to prepare collection and selection briefs
and inspire our teams.
• Add a Bachelor/Master in Business and/or Fashion and at least a recent 6 years of relevant experience in merchandising and fashion and you’ve got our full attention.
• Are you also proactive with strong analytical and presentation skills? We’re heart-eyed.
Finally, do you have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English? We’d love to meet you!
What we bring to the table:
Beyond a competitive salary, working at G-Star brings many other perks and exciting opportunities: an awesome and diverse team that collaborates to change the game; a work environment that offers room for fun, inspiration and innovation; a clothing budget so generous that we challenge you to spend it all; a healthy, fresh and delicious lunch and even discounts in various fitness clubs and last but not least, a new bicycle.
What will happen next:
• We will thoroughly review your CV.
• We have a large expat community at G-Star, so please apply in English.