G-Star strives to be the most hardcore denim brand in the world.
To achieve this, we are looking for hardcore thinkers and do-ers, who dare to create the future of premium and purposeful denim with us.
We are looking for people with big dreams, while keeping their feet on the ground. Those who are not afraid to push the limits, because we believe there are no limits in what denim can do.
Are you up for the challenge?
Are you the perfect fit for our team?
Are you a bit of a rebellious spirit?
Then we would love to hear from you!
Here’s what we’ll do together:
As Senior Merchandiser, you will be in charge of making sure our G-Star assortment is on-brand and optimized for all global distribution channels.
You’re a market expert when it comes to building collections that take into consideration global and regional needs. You are performance focused and will drive the assortment across all channels of distribution and build the brand equity whilst developing net sales. You are a strategic thinker who can keep an eye on the bigger picture whilst working on the job at hand.
Duties & responsibilities:
• Deliver and develop a compelling product offer that is in line with style and SFC targets that has the right price positioning and is in line with the brand vision.
• Develop collections based on latest trend research and market performance information including inspirational research, competitor research, retail and wholesale performance information.
• Work closely with the Head of Merchandising to develop strategies to grow your area of the business.
• Be the link between regional markets and HQ to gather all global market information and translate into commercial collections.
• Deliver within collection development schedule, turnover budget & seasonal margin targets.
• Help present the collection to global regions at key periods during the development calendar.
• Compile and disseminate tools to the regions and sales teams to ensure they have all relevant information to sell the collection.
• Translate market demand and trend information to the design and development teams.
• Work closely with the regional planning and sales teams to ensure their needs are met.
• Buy your designated categories for all G-Star O&O European stores and EU G-Star.com
• Trade your categories and fulfil OTB in a timely manner
• Think big. Always look for better ways of working to improve brand performance.
• Be a team player.
• Think and act as a brand ambassador
• Any other tasks that can be reasonably expected and will contribute to the performance of the role
What you bring to the table:
• Bachelor/Master in Business and/or Fashion and at least a recent six years of relevant experience in product merchandising and fashion.
• Experience in working in a merchandising function in a fashion company.
• Experience with collaborating with Design and Product Development in making sure the right products reaches the right customers at the right price at the right time.
• Able to prepare collection and selection briefs and inspire our teams.
• Analytical skills
• Customer and solution oriented
• Exceptional organizational skills
• Fully comfortable working in English
What does G-Star bring to the table:
Beyond a competitive salary, working at G-Star brings many other perks and exciting opportunities: an awesome and diverse team that collaborates to change the game; a work environment that offers room for fun, inspiration and innovation; a clothing budget; a healthy, fresh and delicious lunch and even discounts in various fitness clubs and last but not least, a discount on a new bicycle.
What will happen next:
• We will thoroughly review your CV.
• We have a large expat community at G-Star, so please apply in English.
• When we hopefully find what we are looking for, we will call you for a chat and if it’s a good fit, we’ll plan our first interview.
• Because we’re very curious how you’d survive a mission impossible, we ask you to prepare a real-life business case in a follow-up interview.
• Having an agile mindset is very important at G-Star, therefore we ask you to participate in an (online) Learning Agility Assessment.
• When we’re ready to commit to each other, we’ll finalize the terms we’ve discussed and we’ll explain to you how to order your first pair of jeans from the G-Star employee store. Good luck.