Denim. It’s our passion. It’s in our blood.
But we are not just another denim brand.
At G-Star, we are obsessed with denim. Together we push to invent, explore and take craftsmanship to another level. Down to the smallest detail and with a strong belief that there is no limit to what denim can do. To achieve this, we are always looking for hardcore thinkers and do-ers, who want to join us in creating the future of premium and purposeful denim.
Are you up for the challenge?
Are you the perfect fit for our team?
Are you a bit of a rebellious spirit?
Then we would love to hear from you!
Here’s what we’ll do together:
We are currently seeking a Senior Product Developer within the Woven Department responsible for the Other 5 and Women shirts with a passion for quality, sustainability, details and fashion. You know what’s happening in the industry and you’re familiar with the latest trends and developments.
In this role, you will manage and monitor the development of the collection. You will bring the products to a higher level while ensuring that all products are executed perfectly and are delivered within the set time, including prices and quality standards.
You are a technical expert with a great taste in design and creation, a process in which you are closely involved every step of the way.
Within the team, you set an example by taking initiative, proposing out of the box solutions and driving efficiency. You work independently and are capable of performing under pressure. You communicate with the design and merchandising team to keep everyone aligned in the collection process. You relate and communicate constructively with your counterpart at the local production site, making sure they understand the product and are suitably instructed, thus guaranteeing flawless product development.
You keep the PLM system updated and support Data and Pricing Department in all information needs. You are also responsible for quality compliance and the timely completion of sample and production books. Working together with design & merchandise, you safeguard the unique G-Star look and feel. In this role, you report to the product category manager.
Your tasks & responsibilities:
- Work with Design & Merchandise on the set line plan and business opportunities and develop the products perfectly within the set time, price and quality
- Together with design, translate design, details, fabric, fit, and wash opportunities based on the line plan briefs, research, understanding of the brands DNA and market knowledge. Be able to allocate and develop the collection with the relevant supporting teams
- Develop the collections within the set product calendar
- Responsible to set the timeline, allocate and negotiate the best price and condition to make sure it comply to the retail needs and on time delivery is key
- Administrate the products in PLM system
- Responsible for the construction fit and functionality of the products. With solid understanding of technical pricing build-up of the products you are able to successfully start up price negotiations
Here's what you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Fashion Management or equivalent from a recognized academic institution.
- Minimum 8 years of experience as a (Senior) Product Developer at an international fast fashion retailer. Other 5 and Women shirts experience is a plus.
- Strong fashion sense combined with a passion for innovative product and sustainability
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Team player
- Hands-on attitude
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt quickly to environment changes
- Taking ownership and excellent problem-solving skills
- Responsible, independent and committed
- Capable of performing under pressure
- Prepared to travel frequently
- Outstanding communication skills in English
Here’s what we bring to the table:
Beyond a competitive salary, working at G-Star brings many other perks and exciting opportunities: an awesome and diverse team that collaborates to change the game; a work environment that offers room for fun, inspiration and innovation; a clothing budget; a healthy lunch, and last but not least, a discount on a new bicycle.
What will happen next:
• We will thoroughly review your CV.
• We have a large expat community at G-Star, so please apply in English.
• When we hopefully find what we are looking for, we will call you for a chat and if it’s a good fit, we’ll plan our first interview.
• Because we’re very curious how you’d survive a mission impossible, we ask you to prepare a real-life business case in a follow-up interview.
• Having an agile mindset is very important at G-Star, therefore we ask you to participate in an (online) Learning Agility Assessment.
• When we’re ready to commit to each other, we’ll finalize the terms we’ve discussed and we’ll explain to you how to order your first pair of jeans from the G-Star employee store. Good luck!