Denim. It’s our passion. It’s in our blood.
But we are not just another denim brand.
At G-Star, we are obsessed with denim. Together we push to invent, explore and take craftsmanship to another level. Down to the smallest detail and with a strong belief that there is no limit to what denim can do.
To achieve this, we are always looking for hardcore thinkers and do-ers , who want to join us in creating the future of premium and purposeful denim.
Are you up for the challenge?
Are you the perfect fit for our team?
Are you a bit of a rebellious spirit?
Then we would love to hear from you!
Here's what we'll do together:
The G-Star Raw supply chain department consist of a team of specialists that are active in the fields of Purchasing, Supply Planning, Planning & Supply Chain projects, Controlled-Allocation and Data & Pricing. The team is responsible for the global movement of all G-Star products, covering everything from initial material bookings till the allocation of the final products into one of our G-Star stores worldwide, either brick or click. The goals of the department are to have a full focus on what the customers need and making sure all actions and processes reflect this need.
The team is predominantly based in our HQ office in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, working closely together with the regional teams based in US, Japan, and South-Africa. Our vendors are based across the globe, both near- and offshore, ranging from Turkey to China and back to Mauritius. Guaranteeing a reliable and just-in-time inflow of new product, with constant developments in both demand (customer) and supply (vendors) factors, requires a swift and agile way of working with all internal and external stakeholders.
Your tasks & responsibilities:
The G-Star Supply Chain & Planning Manager is the go-to person for all analytical aspects related to supply chain projects, as well as being in the lead regarding forecasting and planning of the global Never-Out-Of-Stock (NOOS) program. In close co-operation with the business channels and the Supply Chain team you will be responsible for a accurate and on-time delivery for both B2B and B2C customers. At the same time, you will be independently initiating continuous improvements on the supply-chain structure with the customer needs always being the prime priority.
The Supply Chain & Planning Manager will create a (rolling) 6 to 9 months forecast whilst liaising with other departments (Sourcing, Product Development, Sales, Regional Offices) to ensure process and product are aligned. Furthermore, you will safeguard healthy stock levels versus set KPIs by management, and co-lead on projects to improve our lead-times, whilst maintaining data accuracy in the available reporting tools. Specific examples of projects include the Sourcing Strategy, Vendor Score Card, safeguarding intake margin and further implementation of forecasting tools.
Here's what you bring to the table:
- A strong analytical skillset and excellent communication skills
- Used to working with multitude of deadlines, and managing your agenda accordingly
- A set of strong administrative skills and financial responsibility, during the entire process.
- Experience with working with different stakeholders simultaneously as to assure decisions are made.
- SAP, Excel and reporting experience, is an absolute pre.
- Experience in the Fashion industry is an advantage.
- Add a Bachelor/Master and 2-3 years of relevant experience in a fashion business environment and you have our full attention
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written
Here’s what we bring to the table:
Beyond a competitive salary, working at G-Star brings many other perks and exciting opportunities: an awesome and diverse team that collaborates to change the game; a work environment that offers room for fun, inspiration and innovation; a clothing budget; a healthy, fresh and delicious lunch and even discounts in various fitness clubs and last but not least, a discount on a new bicycle.
What will happen next:
- We will thoroughly review your CV.
- We have a large expat community at G-Star, so please apply in English.
- When we hopefully find what we are looking for, we will get in touch and see if it’s a good fit, then we’ll plan our first interview.
- Because we’re very curious how you’d survive a mission impossible, we ask you to prepare a real-life business case in a follow-up interview.
- Having an agile mindset is very important at G-Star, therefore we ask you to participate in an (online) Learning Agility Assessment.
- When we’re ready to commit to each other, we’ll finalize the terms we’ve discussed and we’ll explain to you how to order your first pair of jeans from the G-Star employee store. Good luck!