Denim. It’s our passion. It’s in our blood.
But we are not just another denim brand.
At G-Star, we are obsessed with denim. Together we push to invent, explore and take craftsmanship to another level. Down to the smallest detail and with a strong belief that there is no limit to what denim can do.
To achieve this, we are always looking for hardcore thinkers and do-ers , who want to join us in creating the future of premium and purposeful denim.
Are you up for the challenge?
Are you the perfect fit for our team?
Are you a bit of a rebellious spirit?
Then we would love to hear from you!
Here's what we'll do together:
G-Star is looking for an Experienced Technical Business Analyst to join the eCommerce Digital Tech team. The eCommerce Digital Tech team is based in our Amsterdam headquarters and consists of multiple agile squads working on technical support and delivery of new functionalities for the online presence of G-Star at www.g-star.com.
In this role you will be involved in many aspects of the software development lifecycle: from gathering and translating business requirements into technical requirements to assessing the release risks when going to production.
As an experienced Technical Business Analyst, you will be part of a team of internal & external backend (Java) and frontend developers, testers and business product owners, and applying best practices when making technical specifications of new features or technical interfaces for the heavily customized SAP Hybris platform. Together with other members of the team you will be responsible for specifying and documenting technical solutions for new business requirements while maintaining an overview of how the eCommerce platform integrates with the rest of the IT landscape.
Your tasks & responsibilities:
- Coordinate and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to elicit requirements
- Define technical solutions for business requirements
- Write specifications to satisfy the business and technical requirements (applying your experience and best practices in Hybris-, interface- and frontend development)
- Communicate defined solutions and written specifications to stakeholders and align expectations
- Determine efficiency and functionality by liaising with internal teams and analyzing end-users’ behaviors
- Review existing solutions and architectures to identify areas of improvement
- Document changes in the knowledgebase
- Write manuals for business users if creating new functionality within the system
- Maintain a good level of architecture overview
Here's what you bring to the table:
- Bachelor degree or higher.
- Minimum of 3 years making technical specifications and IT architecture
- Minimum of 2 years of hands-on experience with backends of ecommerce systems
- Minimum of 2 years of hands-on experience with Frontend technologies
- Work experience in eCommerce for retail
- Proven Programming experience
- Proven ability to multitask, define and manage priorities
- Experience working in intense, technical team environments
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum environment
- Knowledge of JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket/GIT
- A pro-active, practical and hands-on approach
- User-centred mindset
- High learning capabilities
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Team player
- Fluency in English
- Nice to have: Project/Team management experience
Here’s what we bring to the table:
Beyond a competitive salary, working at G Star brings many other perks and exciting opportunities: an awesome and diverse team that collaborates to change the game; a work environment that offers room for fun, inspiration and innovation; a clothing budget; a healthy lunch, and last but not least, a discount on a new bicycle.
What will happen next:
• We will thoroughly review your CV.
• We have a large expat community at G-Star, so please apply in English.
• When we hopefully find what we are looking for, we will call you for a chat and if it’s a good fit, we’ll plan our first interview.
• Because we’re very curious how you’d survive a mission impossible, we ask you to prepare a real-life business case in a follow-up interview.
• Having an agile mindset is very important at G-Star, therefore we ask you to participate in an (online) Learning Agility Assessment.
• When we’re ready to commit to each other, we’ll finalize the terms we’ve discussed and we’ll explain to you how to order your first pair of jeans from the G-Star employee store. Good luck.