Here’s what we’ll do together:
Is your passion for denim and AP as high as ours? In our AP cost team there’s an opening for an Accounts Payable Specialist. You will work closely with the team to resolve issues and to identify and correct root causes of errors, while collaborating with our other departments to support overall goals and objectives. We are looking for someone to initially join the team for a period of 7 months, with a chance of this turning into a permanent role.
Just imagine –
As our new Accounts Payable Employee, your core responsibility will be to ensure supplier invoicing, PO matching and payment processes are completed in an accurate and efficient manner.
You’re responsible for:
• Internal and external supplier communication to resolve issues and/or reconcile balances;
• Ensuring invoices are paid on time, and are posted in a timely manner incl upload into VIM/SAP;
• Ensuring appropriate approvals for no PO invoices are obtained prior to making payments;
• Checking if transactions are posted to the correct accounts and accurately reflect the business purpose of the transaction;
• An accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close;
• Working with the internal and external stakeholders to ensure clean audits.
What you bring to the table:
• Accounts Payable? It’s your second nature;
• Excel has no secrets for you, experience with SAP is a huge plus;
• You learn quickly, are able to work under deadlines and are a multitasker;
• Fashion? You live and breathe it;
• Add a relevant degree in Finance/ Accounting and a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in a similar role and you’ve got our full attention;
• Are you also detail oriented, organized, able to think economically and used to working in a fast-paced international environment? We’re heart-eyed.
Finally, do you have a strong personality and excellent verbal and written communication skills in English? We’d love to meet you!
What we bring to the table:
Beyond a competitive salary, working at G-Star brings many other perks and exciting opportunities: an awesome and diverse team that collaborates to change the game; a work environment that offers room for fun, inspiration and innovation; a clothing budget; a healthy, fresh and delicious lunch and even discounts in various fitness clubs and last but not least, a discount on a new bicycle.
What will happen next:
• We will thoroughly review your CV.
• We have a large expat community at G-Star, so please apply in English.
• When we hopefully find what we are looking for, we will call you for a chat and if it’s a good fit, we’ll plan our first interview.
• Because we’re very curious how you’d survive a mission impossible, we ask you to prepare a real-life business case in a follow-up interview.
• When we’re ready to commit to each other, we’ll finalize the terms we’ve discussed and we’ll explain to you how to order your first pair of jeans from the G-Star employee store. Good luck.