G-Star is a place where your passion for all things jeans becomes a career. It’s a place of collaboration, inspiration, and innovation. Working alongside like-minded people, feeding off one another’s energy and drive.
It’s a place to express and grow your specialization, in a dynamic environment that values proactivity and innovation. A ‘Dutch’ approach to communication encourages openness and clarity within our relatively flat organization.
It’s a place where the level of responsibility is equal to the level of fun. Hands on to get things done, we strive to make the impossible possible.
At G-Star, every day is another opportunity to push the boundaries of denim.
As UX Designer you will be in charge of the usability on all G-Star RAW Digital channels. This concerns web, app and instore digital touchpoints. From diving into research found from your prototypes, to sketching user flows and creating designs according to consumer needs, business goals and technical capabilities. With a customer centric mindset you will be the users advocate in all business requirements. Together with a CRO specialist you initiate new opportunities to optimize customer journeys and increase conversion.
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Responsible for the usability on all G-Star RAW Digital channels
• Optimize the digital customer journey for millions of users across the globe
• Research, prototype, sketch and translate business requirements into visual designs
• Work closely together with Marketing for a user friendly on brand experience
• Challenge Digital roadmap initiatives with user insights
• Strategical internal partner for quantitative and qualitative customer behavior/feedback
What you bring to the table:
• Bachelor degree in interaction design or similar field
• At least three years of experience in web and mobile design (preferred E-commerce)
• A solid understanding of user-centered design principles, design thinking and design systems
• Able to create simple and elegant solutions to complex design problems
• Experience with tools like Sketch, Invision
• Experience with optimization tools like Hotjar, Usabilla, Mopinion
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, rapid changing environment
• Ability to work independently with little supervision
G-Star Skill Set:
• Customer and solution oriented
• Strong communication skills
• Willingness and ability to learn new processes and systems
• Part of a multidisciplinary Digital Business Development team and reporting directly to the Business Development & Operations Manager E-commerce
• Works closely with 2 Product Owners, CRO specialist and Frontend developer
• Contact person for internal E-commerce and Marketing
What does G-Star bring to the table:
Beyond a competitive salary, working at G-Star brings many other perks and exciting opportunities: an awesome and diverse team that collaborates to change the game; a work environment that offers room for fun, inspiration and innovation; a clothing budget; a healthy, fresh and delicious lunch and even discounts in various fitness clubs and last but not least, a discount on a new bicycle.
What will happen next:
• We will thoroughly review your CV (English is our corporate language, so please apply in English)
• When we hopefully find what we are looking for, we will call you for a chat and if it’s a good fit, we’ll plan our first interview
• Because we’re very curious how you’d survive a mission impossible, we ask you to prepare a real-life business case in a follow-up interview
• When we’re ready to commit to each other, we’ll finalize the terms we’ve discussed and we’ll explain to you how to order your first pair of jeans from the G-Star employee store. Good luck!