Denim. It’s our passion. It’s in our blood.
But we are not just another denim brand.
At G-Star, we are obsessed with denim. Together we push to invent, explore and take craftsmanship to another level. Down to the smallest detail and with a strong belief that there is no limit to what denim can do. To achieve this, we are always looking for hardcore thinkers and do-ers, who want to join us in creating the future of premium and purposeful denim.
Are you up for the challenge?
Are you the perfect fit for our team?
Are you a bit of a rebellious spirit?
Then we would love to hear from you!
Here’s what we’ll do together:
We are looking for a UX Lead to help lead the delivery of a customer centric way of working for our .com and App e-commerce experience. As UX Lead, you will have a strong desire to improve the user experience on our platforms as well as strive to solve users’ pain points. You’ll act as the liaison between Marketing, Product, and the Digital teams (Innovation and Development, Trade, Content, CRO, Customer Service, etc.) in order to ensure all views are represented in the discovery and design delivery of new features for our customers.
With an impeccable attention to detail, and an eye for creatively solving customer problems, you will lead by example following a customer centric, data-driven approach from discovery to design and delivery. Using your expertise in UX research and design to help elevate the quality of work delivered through inspiring and coaching a team of UX freelancers, interns, and agency designers; ultimately responsible for maximizing the talents of the team as together you make a measurable impact on our customer digital and omnichannel experience.
Your tasks & responsibilities:
UX & UI
- Identify and troubleshoot UX & UI problems in existing solutions.
- Strong critical thinking to get to the root cause of problems fast – then able to explain it.
- Prioritize new Design System deliverables, scaling it into a robust tool that helps drive more efficient design exploration within the team.
- Partner with the Product Owner’s in order to ensure all work delivered by the UX team enhances user experiences and drives business success, in the context of G-Star’s overall goals.
- Ensure you deliver top notch user requirements and business benefits using the product owners, development teams and insights / analytics teams to help you if needed.
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how the experience should function and look.
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and icons).
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps.
- Manage the UX roadmap process, ensuring that all design briefs are clearly understood and assigning work across the team in order to meet timelines.
- Ensure project goals are clearly defined and understood by all team members, removing roadblocks and/or uncertainties for designers where needed.
- Support the Product Owners to conduct and lead data driven customer research, collaborating with CRO, marketing and data analysts in order to provide a holistic picture of the customer problems & opportunities.
- Leading the design strategy and deliverables through hands-on design exploration and implementation within the Design System.
- Guide and lead the team towards delivery of designs that align with our core brand standards, working to define further design principles to help the team enhance the digital experience.
- Bring the voice of the customer through a strong user testing and design feedback process that validates ideas and helps drive an optimal delivery strategy.
- Act as a bridge between various teams, ensuring that we collaborate closely with other departments and teams in order to reach shared goals.
- Coach and mentor designers in the team, encouraging a collaborative, productive environment where all ideas are valued.
- Encourage continual alignment & discovery of customer needs / goals through hosting of regular workshops and brainstorm sessions.
You can review your projects with demonstrating improved KPI’s in mind – such as net promoter score, conversion rate, success rates, internal and external feedback, goal indicators (less exit rates, increased page views, increased revenue and profit), etc.
Here's what you bring to the table:
- 5+ years of industry experience as a UI/UX/Product designer and/or manager responsible for the complete development lifecycle of successfully launched digital applications (web and/or app).
- A strong portfolio of digital design examples that showcase your customer centric approach and design skills.
- You are organized and extremely focused on every small detail.
- You have your own style but are able to follow design guidelines set by a team.
- Strong team spirit with a can-do personality, able to bring people together.
- Experience working with Figma is preferred (but also tools such as Sketch).
- Be proficient in design software such as Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop (we will provide support here).
- You are fluent in English
Here's what G-Star brings to the table:
We are in the process of opening a state-of-the-art office in the vibrant city of Valencia. This could be your chance to play a pivotal role in shaping the future development of G-Star in Spain!
Beyond a competitive salary, working at G-Star brings many other perks and exciting opportunities:
- Competitive salary
- Clothing budget to showcase your personal style while representing G-Star RAW
- Discounts on private medical insurance
- Flexibility to work from home, promoting a healthy work-life balance
- Free access to leading learning and development platforms like Udemy and Goodhabitz
- Additional perks and benefits available beyond the listed ones
What will happen next:
- We will thoroughly review your CV.
- We have a large expat community at G-Star, so please apply in English.
- When we hopefully find what we are looking for, we will call you for a chat and if it’s a good fit, we’ll plan our first interview.
- Because we’re very curious how you’d survive a mission impossible, we ask you to prepare a real-life business case in a follow-up interview.
- Having an agile mindset is very important at G-Star, therefore we ask you to participate in an (online) Learning Agility Assessment.
- When we’re ready to commit to each other, we’ll finalize the terms we’ve discussed and we’ll explain to you how to order your first pair of jeans from the G-Star employee store. Good luck!