Here’s what we’ll do together:
G-Star is looking for a Visual Concept & Window Designer, with experience in Retail Marketing presentations in an advertising agency/design studio or in-house team, who fully understands the importance of design production, within a creative environment. You are a pro-active 3D Designer, with experience in Retail Marketing. You’ll produce compelling ideas for product explanation and instore-communication from a consumer’s perspective in the fast moving world of retail. This is done across creative design, photography, video, illustration and animation, always supporting the dynamics and opportunities in retail.
Just imagine –
As our new visual concept & window designer, you are responsible for all visual and creative touchpoints in the off-line retail channels, ensuring they fit in the overall brand strategy and seasonal concepts, connecting with customers throughout the purchase funnel.
In this role you will work together closely with different stakeholders in retail, marketing, store architecture, graphics etc. You will steer them with guidance and ideas to launch new concepts. You will be able to implement your creative vision and become the point of reference for any creative plan in retail.
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Create and develop creative visual concepts with the head retail experience and the head of creative.
• Create innovative window design following the seasonal campaign calendar, with the final goal of increasing brand visibility, improving customer perception about the brand and bring traffic in the stores.
• Create pop up store activities and activations globally.
• Visualization of window concept designs for all flagship and focus locations, regional and international stores.
• Follow up of the prototyping phase and production to achieve the best possible execution.
• Partner with the Visual Merchandising department in order to plan and execute window installation activities, as well as creative visual aspects of special events, store openings, and other store initiatives.
• Work with key stakeholders (at all levels), guiding projects from initial concept stages to execution and market roll-out.
• Act as a brand guardian. You’ll convey the brand vision and ensure the visual aesthetic and tone-of-voice are consistently communicated across all touchpoints.
• Manage and execute retail-marketing strategies, tactics, campaigns, activations, tools, and initiatives related to traffic driving, windows, 4 wall marketing and visual merchandising to drive traffic and increase conversion / sell through.
• Drive collaboration between Brand / Store experience / V.M. And incorporate feedback to address market needs and improve GTM integration and execution.
What you bring to the table:
• You have an outstanding understanding of retail, creative and production;
• Managing multiple projects while staying lean and agile? You handle it;
• Understanding 2D/3D design and mixing these? You’re a natural;
• You have an in-depth knowledge of sales channels and their needs;
• You’re adaptable, able to keep track but to listen and adapt when needed;
• You will build a team of real retail marketing experts for all channels;
• Add a Bachelor degree with a strong design foundation (e.g. Art school, design academy, Nimeto) and a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, and you’ve got our full attention!
• Are you also a collaborative, pro-active person with brilliant interpersonal and communication skills? We’re heart-eyed.
Finally, are you fluent in English? We’d love to meet you!
What we bring to the table:
Beyond a competitive salary, working at G-Star brings many other perks and exciting opportunities: an awesome and diverse team that collaborates to change the game; a work environment that offers room for fun, inspiration and innovation; a clothing budget; a healthy, fresh and delicious lunch and even discounts in various fitness clubs and last but not least, a discount on a new bicycle.
What will happen next:
• We will thoroughly review your CV.
• We have a large expat community at G-Star, so please apply in English.
• When we hopefully find what we are looking for, we will call you for a chat and if it’s a good fit, we’ll plan our first interview.
• Because we’re very curious how you’d survive a mission impossible, we ask you to prepare a real-life business case in a follow-up interview.
• When we’re ready to commit to each other, we’ll finalize the terms we’ve discussed and we’ll explain to you how to order your first pair of jeans from the G-Star employee store. Good luck.