At G-Star, you will get the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment that is leading in denim innovation and sustainability. We’re looking for interns for our woven, knits, and denim departments. Please check to see if you meet the requirements before applying.
Here’s what we’ll do together:
Is your passion for product as high as ours? In this internship, you will learn how a global design-lead denim brand operates and works. How to design a commercial and innovative collection from conception/concept stage to final product. To use all the tools required to create a collection: digital (Illustrator, Photoshop and CLO 3D), physical (sewing and making). How a denim brand creates products with a consistent look and feel that adhere to a specific design DNA.
Just imagine –
As our new Intern Design, you might help with researching market trends on-line for fit/silhouette, fabric, colour and design direction. Making boards/overviews for design presentations. Conducting research in the G-Star archive (consisting of 23,000 vintage garments) for specific garments or details. Attending design meetings with your designer to learn about all aspects of the design process. Making mock-ups of design ideas, such as pockets, sleeves, hoods etc. in the G-Star Atelier. Creating and updating tech-packs ready to be sent to factories in order for them to produce our designs.
What you bring to the table:
• A positive attitude with a willingness to work hard as part of team
• Flexibility with regards to the tasks you will be asked to perform
• A passion for design and a keenness to learn
• You know your way around Adobe Illustrator (CLO 3D experience is welcome)
• A creative and exploratory mind
• During the time of your internship you are enrolled at a Dutch university or college
• If you are a non-EU student, you are in possession of a mandatory internship assignment from your university or college
• You are already living in the Netherlands and (you are prepared to) have a Dutch health insurance
• You are able and willing to sponsor your own daily travel costs
• You are a student of a Bachelor/Master in Fashion Design or a related education.
Finally, are you flexible creative and innovative? Do you have an excellent verbal and written communication skills in English? Then we’d love to meet you!
What we bring to the table:
Beyond a competitive compensation for your internship, working at G-Star brings a lot of perks and exciting opportunities… how about an awesome and diverse team that collaborates to inspire; a work environment that offers room for fun, inspiration and innovation … and a healthy, fresh and delicious lunch so you can keep up the greatness!
Found your dream internship?
• We will thoroughly review your application.
• We have an international community at G-Star, so please apply in English.
• When we hopefully find what we are looking for, we will call you for a chat and if it’s a good fit, we’ll plan our first interview. Because we’re very curious how you’d survive a mission impossible, we ask you to prepare a real-life business case.
• When we’re ready to commit to each other, we will congratulate you on your brand new internship and discuss the next steps. We look forward to see you on the onboarding day!