Denim. It’s our passion. It’s in our blood.
But we are not just another denim brand.
At G-Star, we are obsessed with denim. Together we push to invent, explore and take craftsmanship to another level. Down to the smallest detail and with a strong belief that there is no limit to what denim can do. To achieve this, we are always looking for hardcore thinkers and do-ers, who want to join us in creating the future of premium and purposeful denim.
Are you up for the challenge?
Are you the perfect fit for our team?
Are you a bit of a rebellious spirit?
Then we would love to hear from you!
Here's what we'll do together:
G-Star is currently looking for a Merchandise Planner Retail. The role will be based at the G-Star HQ in Amsterdam and will report directly to the Head of Merchandise Planning.
Within your role you:
- Understand the customer needs by Retail channel (full price and outlet) and regions and uses this information to make considered commercial decisions on product level that positively impacts the profitability working closely together with our Retail team, global merchandising, allocation team and marketing team.
- Establish and monitor store capacity and inventory levels both for our full price and outlet stores.
- Develop and maintain store clusters using store volume, profile, capacity and performance by gender/product group, seasonality and region
- Translates the overall merchandising strategy to assortment strategy to determine the right product mix by channel, hereby focusing and analyzing on the right width vs breadth of the collection, maintain a close eye on the product mix and incorporating the physical space vs potential to sell of our stores.
- Determine the merchandise strategy per region of each of the channels (geography planning) to create an aligned multi-region assortment mix
- Determine pre-season OTB by channel and closely align the product department into the right strategy to fulfill OTB for each of the channels
- Monitors the critical in conjunction with our marketing team and global merchandise and allocation team. Ensuring that deadlines are met and potential problems are identified at line level. Clearly communicating to management impact on launch position.
- Constantly review performance to identify and potentialize emerging trends to avoid missed opportunities, closely cooperating with the merchandise planners for other channels and contributing to our weekly trading meetings
- Forecast on monthly level on relevant KPI’s such as sales, margin, stock, OTB (WSSI)
- Leverage stock positions between full price and outlet channel to maximize sell out potential versus stock investment that positively impacts profitability
What you bring to the table:
- Excellent skills in Excel (reporting and handling big data amounts, executing pivots and other analysis)
- Excellent retail math and analytical skills with a strong link to translate to product
- Strong communication and presentation skills, written and verbal in English, plus in Dutch
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Experience working with senior leadership, possesses excellent interpersonal and communication skills to build strong relationships across the business
- Shows innovation by challenging existing processes and practices to drive the business forward
What does G-Star bring to the table:
Beyond a competitive salary, working at G-Star brings many other perks and exciting opportunities: an awesome and diverse team that collaborates to change the game; a work environment that offers room for fun, inspiration and innovation; a clothing budget; a healthy, fresh and delicious lunch and even discounts in various fitness clubs and last but not least, a discount on a new bicycle.
What will happen next:
• We will thoroughly review your CV.
• We have a large expat community at G-Star, so please apply in English.
• When we hopefully find what we are looking for, we will get in touch with you to see if it’s a good fit and we’ll plan our first interview.
• Because we’re very curious how you’d survive a mission impossible, we ask you to prepare a real-life business case in a follow-up interview.
• Having an agile mindset is very important at G-Star, therefore we ask you to participate in an (online) Learning Agility Assessment.
• When we’re ready to commit to each other, we’ll finalize the terms we’ve discussed and we’ll explain to you how to order your first pair of jeans from the G-Star employee store. Good luck.